Sanitarium Engine - All help is welcome

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Nothing new/changed since the last message. The last commit was made a month ago
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Ok, thnx for the heads up md5:)
maximus

Post by maximus »

Hey guys. The contract I was bidding on ended up falling through :( As a result though, I guess I've got more time for these projects. I put the DGDS stuff on google code so that it's not lost in the ether, but I'll probably focus more on asylum again since it's further along (and hack the DGDS rendering routines when I get frustrated with asylum :P).

Alexandre has been busy with work/life lately, but hopefully he'll be back soon :)
Truus999

Post by Truus999 »

Sorry to hear that you lost the bid, but I'm happy that this gives you time to work on the engines again.

Cheers,
René
Jorpho

Post by Jorpho »

Big news today: the game is now available as a legal digital download from gog.com for $9.99.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Oh, really? ;)
artart78

Post by artart78 »

That's a wonderful idea to make a ScummVM engine ! I had this idea too, before the start of the project I think, but I'm not enough good in reverse-engineering to do this.
I waited a long time to finally play Sanitarium with wine.. and I think an engine for this would be a lot better ! I'm now checking updates on the SVN every day ;)
maximus

Post by maximus »

Always nice to hear that people are still interested. Alexandre and I are both working on this again, so hopefully that will lead to quicker results ;)

We're still mired in implementing the various scene rendering features, but the nice thing about the way this game is structured is that once we've got one scene 100% done, we should have about 80% of the engine implemented :D
artart78

Post by artart78 »

Yes, I know, I also read SVN commits comments :p
Now waiting it works..
I can also help you by testing the french version.
maximus

Post by maximus »

artart78 wrote:Yes, I know, I also read SVN commits comments :p
Now waiting it works..
I can also help you by testing the french version.
We'll keep that in mind, as neither of us has access to a French version. For now though, there's still a lot of work to do before we're ready for that kind of testing ;)
Crimsonskies

Post by Crimsonskies »

On a scale of 1-10 (where 1 is non-playable and 10 is playable) how close would you say this is to being finished? Just wondering.
maximus

Post by maximus »

Crimsonskies wrote:On a scale of 1-10 (where 1 is non-playable and 10 is playable) how close would you say this is to being finished? Just wondering.
Lol. I'd say 1.8 :P We're still working on getting the scene rendered and interactive, so until that's done, it's just a resource loader :(
artart78

Post by artart78 »

Yes, but when the scene will work, the game will be 75% completed :p
I'm still testing every revision to see if there's changes \o/
It works perfectly before loading the scene, that's a good start :p
alexfont

Post by alexfont »

Hey guys,

No post for so long.
I'm returning to this project slowly now. Things are getting slow but nicely. We've made some nice fixes the past days.
I think as soon as we start get some interaction with characters we can boost things a little, but we don't need to rush.

Thanks for keep the interest in the project, thats really great to hear and help a lot during development.

About the versions, will be great to see the content of this French version. I think the only thing that change between versions are the text file, RES.000. I have here most of it, original and mod translations. I currently have 3 original copies with me, UK version, XS version and GOG.com version.
I'll try to investigate more about all those versions that came out, they shouldn't be much.

Thanks again and see you soon,
Alex
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Great to hear. I can't wait to playtest it.
I was lucky to be able to buy this game last month in a garage sale. (1.50 euro ;)). The funny thing is that until you guys do a beta, I have no way to play.
My options are a real Vista64, XP@VMware, XP@VBox and Wine. There is no way to get past the statue movie in any of those.