Port feature requests

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Maemo (Nokia N800/N810/N900) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Port feature requests

Post by sev »

Here will be posted feature requests for the port. Current list, partially taken from Internet Tablet Talk forums is:
  • MP3/OGG support
  • Non-stuttering audio output
  • Icon in task list
  • Virtual keyboard show up for dialogs with text input
  • Hardware scaling acceleration

Eugene
fanoush

Post by fanoush »

Hello Eugene,

great that someone wants to work on the port. Thank you. The small device backends looks like good idea.

Regarding current status:

Audio was fixed in latest version by Tomas. Also there is a icon in taskbar now. Also due to changing fullscreen button right mouse button now doesn't work in bass

Things that are still missing:

keymapping - Tomas did some changes for scumm and bass but mappings in other engines are missing - FOTAQ,simon,gobliiins... so they are not 100% playable (even if enabled and rebuild from source), there are problems with acessing the menu, using right button and exiting the game. Perhaps the keyboard handling could be unified across all engines?

pause+sleep integration (=osso integration) - it would be nice to have pause which stops everything completely (including glowing cursor and sound) on keypress or from scummvm menu or at least when the cover is put on or window is minimized to save the battery

virtual keyboard or autogenerating save game names

audio - would be nice in (far) future to use existing mp3 dsp task on device for decoding mp3 (and vorbis in future). Also mt32 or midi emulation could be done on dsp, but I know it is very hard to do.

As for the startup screen, well, I like it when it runs even in window. Most games fit just fine (would be nice to have them centered better) and I can check the CPU load, battery and other things while playing. I think the startup screen is not such great idea. If there is a way to pause it completely I think the startup screen is not needed.

Also the icon is currently hardcoded in .desktop file to window with WM class SDL_App which is not exactly unique and can conflict with other SDL ports in future.

Frantisek
fanoush

Post by fanoush »

As for the SDL_App - it is 'feature' of SDL directly
http://www.devolution.com/pipermail/sdl ... 47897.html
But in current code it can be fixed at least via setting variable SDL_VIDEO_X11_WMCLASS. Tried on device and it works.