Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dazzzdelux

tiny scummVM screen TouchHD

Post by dazzzdelux »

its ok sorted it :D
Wishbone

Post by Wishbone »

How? I have the same problem. I tried setting the scaling to 2X, but that crashed ScummVM. Also, it shows in the worst possible format, with the widest axis of the GUI on the narrowest axis on the screen. In-game, I can rotate the screen (although that makes no difference to the size), but I can find no such option in the GUI.

Any help is appreciated.

[EDIT] Further experimentation proved that 2X works, as long as aspect correction is off. However, The Touch HD does not have a 4:3 display. The resolution is 480x800. Now, the ScummVM GUI (and the games) get aligned along the bottom of the screen in landscape mode, rotated counter-clockwise. However, the touchscreen measures the position of the pointer from the opposite edge of the screen (the top, when holding the phone normally). The result of this is that the ScummVM pointer hovers 160 pixels below (or to the left, if you're holding the phone horizontally) where you're actually pointing. This makes it almost impossible to play.

If only there was an option to choose whether to left or right-align the GUI on non-4:3 displays. Or to rotate clockwise rather than counter-clockwise. Either option would solve the problem.
thezenmaster

Post by thezenmaster »

Wishbone wrote:If only there was an option to choose whether to left or right-align the GUI on non-4:3 displays. Or to rotate clockwise rather than counter-clockwise. Either option would solve the problem.
Tap the monkey in the toolbar or add Landscape=2 to your scummvm.ini file.
Wishbone

Post by Wishbone »

thezenmaster wrote:
Wishbone wrote:If only there was an option to choose whether to left or right-align the GUI on non-4:3 displays. Or to rotate clockwise rather than counter-clockwise. Either option would solve the problem.
Tap the monkey in the toolbar or add Landscape=2 to your scummvm.ini file.
Thank you ever so much for that! I feel foolish now... :oops: