ScummVM DS problem on Acekard 2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Coat

ScummVM DS problem on Acekard 2

Post by Coat »

I've had my DS Lite and Acekard 2 for a little more than a month, and haven't yet had a problem running any kind of homebrew so far. But for the past few hours, I've been stumped as to why ScummVM DS isn't working. I downloaded the most recent version of it and gave a folder on my A-Data 4GB SDHC MicroSD card, and put a game into it's own folder as well.

When I start up ScummVM DS, all the instructional text shows up, and the DLDI info shows up just fine.

DLDI Device:
'Acekard 2'
DLDI Driver Initialised OK!

But then after that, nothing else happens. Nothing on the touch screen, nothing new on the top screen, buttons don't do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

There is two things you should try;

1) Try to put the ScummVM executable (.nds) into the root of your card.

2) It might work to change/upgrade your Acekard 2 kernel, the topic is here: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7172
Coat

Post by Coat »

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I have tried running the program alone directly from the root with the same results.

However, I have only been using the default Acekard firmware. I've heard of AKAIO, but didn't know it was significantly better. I'll definitely give it a shot.

EDIT: It runs flawlessly on AKAIO. Thanks for the suggestion. I feel dumb now for not using AKAIO from the start.
another world

Post by another world »

please note that as of akaio 1.4.1 proper the dldi file is broken. it does not cause problems for everyone, but if homebrew hangs swap in the official dldi file. the akaio dldi was coded by hand as the sources were never provided. it is based off of the rpg nand loader. its actually smaller and faster than the official dldi but recently it appears to have some issues.

feel free to shoot akaio questions my way. i've been a beta tester since 1.2 and wrote more than 1/2 the akaio official wiki article.

cheers!
-another world
Certifiable

Post by Certifiable »

My own AK2 is acting up. Works then doesn't work, seemingly at random. Last time that was solved by removing the files, making a new directory and slowly building my collection up again. This time that's not working. Tried the ideas above too. No idea why it's not letting the lower screen work.
Certifiable

Post by Certifiable »

Hm. Found the possible cause. I had a 512MB SD card free, and squeezed Sam and Max onto it with the ak4menu.nds. WORKS FINE.

However, the 4GB SD card with an SD card full of programs without errors, SCUMMVMDS dies. Over, and over, and over...

Bloody oddities.
Certifiable

Post by Certifiable »

Okay! Found a solution! Moved ALL the files to my PC's hard drive, formatted the Micro SD card, moved the files back, and SCUMM VM DS works again!

Technology. Always throwing curve balls.