Scummvm on PSP's 3000!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Atrus

Scummvm on PSP's 3000!

Post by Atrus »

Glad to find out that Scummvm runs perfectly on my PSP 3000 using latest ChickHEN hack, that is soo great!

Thanks to all guys!

Just a note: i'm running the single-eboot version, i guess running the 1.50 would make no difference?
BoggyB

Post by BoggyB »

In my psp it says corrupts... what have you made for it works?

wait... ive did it =DDD

dont know how... but did it =DDD
albadross

Post by albadross »

One tiny problem with ScummVM on the PSP3000 - you don't get the same maximum brightness level on the screen as on the PSP2000 (5.00 M33-6).

This makes it impossible to see the cursor in The 7th Guest most of the time.

I completed T7G via ScummVM on my PC quite happily and then transferred my savegames to both a PSP2000 and a PSP3000.

On the PSP2000, I could easily get from my final savegame to the back of the attic (to complete the game).

On the PSP3000, in the same situation, the screen was so dark that I could not see the cursor well enough to get very far on the skyscraper puzzle. (Indeed, if you start the game from the beginning on your PSP3000, your patience with the cursor is soon tested!)

So, all in all, great to have ScummVM working on the 3000s. I have also run the whole way through DOTT and Full Throttle on one.

But don't try The 7th Guest yet.

Happy adventuring

David
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Does the 7th guest run at acceptable speed on PSP? I've had some reports to the contrary.
Atrus

Post by Atrus »

On my 3000 at least, 7th Guest is way too slooooww, practically unplayable!

Regarding the brightness, this is where the 3000 rocks actually! (although i haven't tried 7th guest thoroughly)

Furthermore, I encountered an "Out of memory error" after completing the demolition race towards the end of the game (during the cutscene basically)
albadross

Post by albadross »

On my 3000 at least, 7th Guest is way too slooooww, practically unplayable!
I can understand that comment - and it is certainly not worth trying with 0.13.1 or anything less.

However, I did have more success with a 0.14.0 svn.

In my experience, the speed is very variable. As you can tell, I have only played certain sections of it on my PSP and then by using PC savegames. Sometimes the game goes along at a reasonable pace. At other times, you are left struggling wondering where the cursor is - then you realise it hasn't actually appeared 'cos the game is that slow.

At the moment, it is really only for T7G fans.

Don't be seduced by the introduction video (which actually runs pretty well on the PSP) - make sure you save the game at the beginning. Otherwise, you will be watching the introduction again.
iwantmi5

Post by iwantmi5 »

Ok, so I'm using the patapon 2 exploit to run ScummVM on my PSP 3000 with 6.20 OFW. Everything loads up fine, but whenever I run Monkey Island 1 or 3 it locks up after a while and my PSP shuts down. What am I doing wrong?
Bluddy
ScummVM Developer

Post by Bluddy »

Which ScummVM version are you using?

HBL is known to still be unstable at this point. If it works for a while and then stops, it's quite likely that the game runs out of memory, which, from what I understand, is one of the problems with HBL.