Problems loading scummVM on R4DS [SOLVED]

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NooklearToaster

Problems loading scummVM on R4DS [SOLVED]

Post by NooklearToaster »

I seem to have a problem similar to this: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6519 but the solution doesn't apply to my card. I've checked it against 100% legitimate R4's and it's real.

I start up my ds, go to load the .nds file, and get an incredibly slow "loading" screen. I've gone over the included documentation a dozen times and searched the forums to no avail. To test the problem accurately I loaded the .nds file at 11:38pm. It's now 11:55 and the loading bar has stopped completely at the halfway point. Does anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, I'm loading build A on a ds lite with a generic 2gb microsd card.
Last edited by NooklearToaster on Fri May 15, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

Which version of ScummVM do you use, and which R4 Kernel version?
NooklearToaster

scummVM 0.13.1, R4 kernel 1.18
another world

Post by another world »

it could be the speed of your generic msd. use the panasonic formatter on it (google). works fine on my real r4 and the final firmware with a 2gb kingston japanese msd.

-another world
NooklearToaster

Figured the problem out myself actually. In the documentation it says that the .nds file can be placed anywhere on the card, and since I'm a bit OCD about organizing my games I placed it in my homebrew folder. But it turns out that in order to run it needs to be placed in the root of the card.

Oh well, I guess nothing can be perfectly neat. It'll just have to join DSDoom and SNEmulDS :/
another world

Post by another world »

dsdoom can run from anywhere but the wad files and the config need to be in root. snemulds can also run from anywhere but you need that /snes folder in root for your roms. scummvm on my r4 is indeed in a "homebrew" folder, so i'm not sure where your problem comes from.

-another world
NooklearToaster

That's odd, the other 2 had problems finding files when I had them set up that way. I believe my microsd card is formatted as FAT32, what's yours?