What about seperate config files for each build?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

marzipan

What about seperate config files for each build?

Post by marzipan »

At least I think it'd make more sense for games of a specific engine to be listed seperately from one another - what point would there be in all of them looking up the same game list when no single NDS executable can run all of them?

At the moment it's fairly easy for me to dirty-hack this idea in with a hex editor, but it'd be interesting to know what agentq thinks. :)
another world

Post by another world »

they use to make their own ini file. i think around v13 they started to go with 1 ini. i personally liked the old method better for the reasons you already stated.

-another world
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Shout loud enough and maybe Agentq will restore it.
He seems open to suggestions and I think he goes with the general consensus unless it's something he really prefers to do in a particular way.
I prefer separate .inis myself.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I've got the final 0.13.1 here, and separate files for each build are used.

There was no decision to go with one ini file - the separate ini files code just broke because some of the underlying ScummVM code changed. I noticed this just before the final 0.13.1 and fixed it.

If you're running the final stable version (which you should be anyway by now) it should work:
http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php

Please, somebody verify this to make sure I'm not going mad!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

No need for the men in white coats yet agentq.
I tried build A, build B and build J games.
Build A shows as SCUMMVM.ini
Build B shows as SCUMMVMB.INI
Build J settings come under Build A's .ini. So if you start Build A or Build J the menu shows all games for both builds. So long as they've been 'added' obviously.
I haven't been using my DS much recently and when I have I've been playing Quake and Quake2 on it which I discovered at Drunkencoders.
I thought I'd lost interest in shooters when actually I think the problem is that they just don't make 'em like they used to.