Game Demos required

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

maximus

Post by maximus »

Not sure if it's been mentionned before, but there are a bunch of demos here (http://www.sierrahelp.com/Misc/Demos.html) as well :)
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

maximus wrote:Not sure if it's been mentionned before, but there are a bunch of demos here (http://www.sierrahelp.com/Misc/Demos.html) as well :)
Yes, we have all the relevant SCI game demos from Sierra Game Demos and The Ultimate AGI & SCI Web Site.
maximus

Post by maximus »

I'm sure you guys don't really need this one yet, but just in case, here ya go: Orion Burger (non-interactive) Demo
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

maximus wrote:I'm sure you guys don't really need this one yet, but just in case, here ya go: Orion Burger (non-interactive) Demo
Thanks, but we already have game demos of all the known games based on the M4 game engine.
maximus

Post by maximus »

Kirben wrote:
maximus wrote:I'm sure you guys don't really need this one yet, but just in case, here ya go: Orion Burger (non-interactive) Demo
Thanks, but we already have game demos of all the known games based on the M4 game engine.
Man, I REALLY gotta learn to double check these things before posting. Sorry about that :P
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Kirben,

I've just found another demo version of Adi4, which is for sure gob, and for sure not yet supported. It's 200 Mb. Do you want me to upload it, or do I just keep it for the day it is really useful ?
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Strangerke wrote:I've just found another demo version of Adi4, which is for sure gob, and for sure not yet supported. It's 200 Mb. Do you want me to upload it, or do I just keep it for the day it is really useful ?
Please upload the game demo if possible, as game demos can be useful for future development too.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

http://sendbigfile.net/download.php?sid=38P1bLK8

I found it either on a Playtoons CD, or on The Last Dynasty CDs. Tell me if it is relevant, and I'll check.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

Where did the Simon 1 DOS CD demo come from originally, out of interest? Never even knew it existed.
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

marzipan wrote:Where did the Simon 1 DOS CD demo come from originally, out of interest? Never even knew it existed.
I found it on one of my old PCW cover discs. The data files are identical to the acorn version tho, so I'm told.
DasJan

Post by DasJan »

Took this demo of Inherit the Earth from an old magazine CD. Don't know if it's interactive or not.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

DasJan wrote:Took this demo of Inherit the Earth from an old magazine CD. Don't know if it's interactive or not.
It is the (non-interactive) DOS demo of Inherit the Earth, which we already have.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

While we're talking demos, I don't suppose anyone has an ISO of the bonus MI3 demo CD which came with some copies of the White Label MI 1+2 double pack? I already have the White Label pack myself but don't fancy paying over the odds on eBay for another copy just for an extra CD. =\

Hopefully this doesn't incur a breach of rule #0 here, even though we're talking about a demo in the end.
marzipan

Post by marzipan »

spookypeanut wrote:
marzipan wrote:Where did the Simon 1 DOS CD demo come from originally, out of interest? Never even knew it existed.
I found it on one of my old PCW cover discs. The data files are identical to the acorn version tho, so I'm told.
Yaaa, having played the thing it is identical to the Acorn demo in terms of rooms, characters, items and objective. Still, interesting to know about.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Are the ScummVM devs aware of the two different Freddy Pharkas demos? (one DOS version with no voices and a separate story, and one Windows version with voices and the same story as the full game) I don't remember if both are readily available at the Ultimate AGI & SCI website or not and am not in a position to check presently (using my Wii).