installing scummvm on a nokia n70

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dukenukem

installing scummvm on a nokia n70

Post by dukenukem »

Hello everyone. I have issues trying to install scummvm on my n70 nokia. Using the nokia pc suite i can copy the folders onto the phone, but thats all. The s60 ver3 tells me that the "file is corrupted" when i try and install. If i try and install ver 1 it says "installation security error.unable to install". I live in New Zealand and it is an NZ market phone if that helps. The phone only has a 64mb mmc card, but i wouldn't think that would matter. Im a real newbie to all this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The N70 runs on S60v2, a much older version of the Series 60 SymbianOS. The current version of ScummVM requires S60v3, hence the error you're getting about the file being "corrupted" (your device's older OS doesn't understand it). Get the older ScummVM version 0.9.1 for your phone from our downloads page:
http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php
(version 0.9.1 Symbian S60 version 2 binary)
dukenukem

Post by dukenukem »

thanks for your reply, but I just tried that and it still comes up with "installation security error". Its got me stumped..
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

dukenukem

Post by dukenukem »

thanks heaps for your help.