N82 problem.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Deia24

N82 problem.

Post by Deia24 »

Hi there.
I've searched around a bit, but I can't find anyone with a solution to my problem.

I've just installed ScummVm on my Nokia N82, but whenever I run it, the upper right corner of the screen is covered by a white box.

When I enabled the accelerometer to rotate the screen automatically, the white box moved so it still stayed in the upper right corner however i tilted the phone.

I've updated the firmware and I've tried reinstalling.

Anyone who knows what this might be?
marc2o

Post by marc2o »

Hey,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with the current version on my N82. No idea where the white square comes from. There was, however, no such square in the previous version of ScummVM. - Any ideas, anyone!?

Cheers
Deia24

Post by Deia24 »

Are there many bugfixes between the version you had before and the new one?
If not, I'd be happy to use the old one until a fix is released for this version :>

A link would be appreciated, if you have it!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Its not fixed yet. :-)Working on it!
Deia24

Post by Deia24 »

Cheers mate!
You know what's the cause of this?
Perhaps the battery indicator somehow bugs it? Since that's the thing that occupies the upper right corner :>
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I'm drawing the box. Should be only be drawn on touch devices. but its a problem on some devices, they report they have touch when they have not.
kirca

Post by kirca »

I'm having the same problem on my N82 but the white square is on the lower right corner.

When I first started scummvm I didn't have the problem but I pressed something in CTRL mode and now it doesn't go away even
when i deleted it several times.

If someone knows how to undo it please reply
Deia24

Post by Deia24 »

I guess all we can do is install an older version while we wait for the new one to fix this glitch.

I don't mean to be impatient, but do you know when you might be finished with the next version? :)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

What about reading the sticky? Greenkey, '9' greenkey. And no timeline when its ready. I think I need some of the older S60v3 phones, and I don't. And I need to do quick testing, i.e sending out releases for testing requires more time than I have usually.
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

how do you guys get ScummVM working on your n82 phones?
I installed 1.0.0 rc1, it starts... but I can't do anything, keyboard does not work at all, can't write neither move the mouse cursor! :cry:
I even have to kill the process using the built-in task manager!

I have:
V31.0.016
09-12-08
RM-313
Nokia n82 (01.01)