The Legend of Kyrandia

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

grin.ch

The Legend of Kyrandia

Post by grin.ch »

the .dat (data) file is needed to play all versions of the game. I don't know a lot about the files which comprise a game, but I would guess I can't play the entire game w/ this .dat file; am I wrong? I would assume not, seeing as even the freeware versions of BASS and FOTAQ are atleast 6MB each.
grin.ch

Broken Sword 1 Cutscene Pack

Post by grin.ch »

What is a cutscene pack? anyone? how do I do the english override?
clem

Post by clem »

they kyra.dat file contains data which was originally in the executable - text lines like "<item> dropped.", some animations or the map (ie where which room leads to).
(see also http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/* ... ME?rev=1.3 for a description of QUEEN.TBL)

a "cutscene pack" is a collection of video files Broken Sword displays as cutscenes. For legal reasons ScummVM is not able to play the video which come on the original CDs.

"override" (maybe they meant "overwrite" ?) means you first download the larger English videos + sound, then the smaller German/Italian/etc pack.

The files in the smaller packs are only those which are different from the English versions, so you extract the .zip file to the same directory and overwrite any existing versions, thus changing the English videos to the German/Italian ones.

hope that clears it up,
clem
Winston1976

Post by Winston1976 »

I've got a question about Kyrandia. I downloaded the full cd version, which is free, [CENSORED] and put all the files I needed in a folder based on your site, but when I point ScummVM to the folder it says it can't find the game, and I checked it 10 times atleast, but still doesn't find the game. Any ideas?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Winston1976 wrote:Any ideas?
Yes, the idea is that you use illegal aka warezed copy of the game, it never was free. Moreover you explicitely name that warez site. So you get no support here. Topic is locked.

Eugene