ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Wii Port > Wiimote sensitivity
Wiimote sensitivity
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
mglz

Wiimote sensitivity 

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the cursor in ScummVM? If not could this be added sometime? I find the remote works fine navigating the Wii menus and other games that use the pointer, but in ScummVM it's way way way too sensitive and makes it unplayable Crying or Very sad

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:10 am 
Mr_Nick666

I've never experienced anything like that myself. Are your batteries ok?

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:56 am 
mglz

Yeah, batteries and sensor bar are fine - can navigate in all other games and other wii apps without problems. It's not really completely unusable it's more that the cursor moves around the screen much faster than it does in anything else I've used. It doesn't help that most old adventure games pack the screen much tighter than any wii-developed software. Which is why I thought it might help if you could make it less sensitive somehow.
I couldn't find a setting or an entry in the config files anywhere that adjusts cursor speed/sensitivity.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:11 am 
Bossk

Which build do you use?
I never experienced anything similiar either.

Clicking a single pixel can be troublesome sometimes, but that's the only problem so far.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:49 am 
mglz

It should be the latest. I used the Homebrew Browser earlier today to update.

Maybe I'm just being overly picky? I don't know now. I do know that navigating the main menus on the Wii is quite a bit easier than playing games on scummvm. It also takes much less movement to move from one side of the screen to the other with scummvm. I mean, I can get around and play the games, it just requires more effort holding my hand very very still and making small movements. I suppose if no one else is having problems then it's just me.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:11 pm 
Reply to topic