Small Image - Graphics Mode Detection Failure (v0.13.0)?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ikrananka

Small Image - Graphics Mode Detection Failure (v0.13.0)?

Post by ikrananka »

I just upgraded my 0.12.0 ScummVM installation on my HP iPaq hx4700 to version 0.13.0. Apart from there now being two executables, the only major change I have so far noticed is that when the Graphics mode is set to "<Default>" the entire ScummVM windows is the size of a small postage stamp, located in portrait mode in the middle of my screen, surrounded by black and is barely readable. Games also play in this tiny windows - but can barely be seen at that size.

After some experimenting I found that changing the Graphics mode to "2x" resulted in the ScummVM menu screen and games being displayed full screen in landscape mode.

In all previous versions of the PocketPC port of ScummVM I have never had to change the Graphics mode from "<Default>" - with landscape full screen being displayed every time.

Is this a new graphics mode detection bug?

BTW - my screen resolution is 480 x 640 and I am running Windows Mobile 6.1.
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Whenever removing the scummvm.ini file, it will drop back to 1x, and you'll need to change to 2x. I can't explain why you've never had to do this before, but I have to do it every time I remove the scummvm.ini file on my 640x480 device.
ikrananka

Post by ikrananka »

spookypeanut wrote:Whenever removing the scummvm.ini file, it will drop back to 1x, and you'll need to change to 2x. I can't explain why you've never had to do this before, but I have to do it every time I remove the scummvm.ini file on my 640x480 device.
Well I did delete my previous scummvm.ini - wish I hadn't now! So are you saying that you have always had to set your graphics mode to 2x? It is very odd that I have never had to do so until now.
ikrananka

Post by ikrananka »

Okay, should have done some more digging to start with. I've now found the description of my issue in the tutorial in this forum http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4144 and this describes my issue and the need to change the Graphics mode. The tutorial recommends NOT using the 2x mode and so I have now changed mine to 2xSAI.

Still bizarre though how it was fine before - oh well I'm happy now :D