Directional keys on PocketPC? (About source code)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gif

Directional keys on PocketPC? (About source code)

Post by Gif »

I'd like to use also directional keys to control cursor on my PDA ... I searched docs ... a now also look at the sources ...
What is diference between CEActionsSmartphone.cpp and CEActionsPocket.cpp other than different sets of actions? :?:
Is posible to have both sets of actions together in one source?
So then I can control cursor both by stylus and by directional keys?
(but different mapping in portrait and in landscape)
Gif

Post by Gif »

... also - I have Qtek 9100 aka HTC Wizard aka MDA Vario which is PocketPC with WM5 so I can test your builds on it.

Both normal 8.0 build and build by 'knakos' works ok when started in portrait mode and then switch the landscape mode in scummvm. (playing Amazon Queen)

If I started it in landscape mode (open keyboard before start) it has mismatched directions between stylus and cursor and also some problems with rendering - part of todayscreen is visible over scummwm.
The similar if I open keyboard during play.
Also the screen is upside-down against keyboard.

PS: I'd like to move cursor by keys because the screen is very small and I play during travel to work, so I sometimes have problems to hit small things.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

1) smartphone & pocket actions get binded at runtime depending on the type of device detected. if you'd like mouse motion with pocket pc actions you'll have to define more actions in the respective source. Take a look at my patch which adds a keybinging action.

2) there is no provision to rotate the keys when rotating display. as this is used only in smartphone devices, there is only lasdcape mode available so the keys are fixed for this configuration. You'll have to rotate the keyset accordingly when rotating the display.

3) the incorrect "paint-over" issue. I have a similar problem in my smartphone as well. the sdl port myst be responsible for not clearing from the edge of the surface to the edge of the screen (320*2/2~=213 <> 220).
Arisme
ScummVM Porter

Post by Arisme »

3) the incorrect "paint-over" issue. I have a similar problem in my smartphone as well. the sdl port myst be responsible for not clearing from the edge of the surface to the edge of the screen (320*2/2~=213 <> 220).
yes, there's definitely something wrong in the way the specific scaler for 176x220 devices works. Never took time to track the issue precisely :?