Please test! Run Full Throttle and The Dig using slot-2 RAM

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I use the EZ Flash 3 in 1. I believe it's designed to go with the EZ Flash V however I use it with a CycloDS Evolution. I've never had any problems with it. It has rumble and supports the Opera browser as well as GBA games.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Does it work with Quake2DS? I'm wanting to pick one up myself for this and Quake2DS. But it only works with some and doesn't work with some Rumble ones.
Blooglspash

Post by Blooglspash »

Red_Breast wrote:I use the EZ Flash 3 in 1. I believe it's designed to go with the EZ Flash V however I use it with a CycloDS Evolution. I've never had any problems with it. It has rumble and supports the Opera browser as well as GBA games.
Thanks! I just want to confirm before I buy, will the R4 SDHC (http://www.dscartshop.com/r4-sdhc-flash ... p4263.html) and the EZ 3 in 1 (http://www.dscartshop.com/ez-3in1-exten ... p4268.html) work with Full Throttle and The Dig? Sorry for being such a bother.
MusicallyInspired

That's a good question, actually, because I also have an R4. It's not SDHC, though.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I seem to recall running both Quakes with it. I think I'm right in saying that the first game can be played with and without expansion.
I've never had a R4 card. When I got my CycloDS Evo I looked at other cards and the whole R4 thing just looked like a mess trying to work out which ones were real or fake, who's making them now etc whilst CycloDS just looked the complete reverse.

They had just released the Evo and even though it was one of the most expensive (and further more I don't have much spare cash) it just looked like the one to go for. Their site has a 'p' in it like so - 'cyclopsds'. Google it and it's usually at the top.
MusicallyInspired

Yeah, the first Quake doesn't need a RAM cart.
djcaetano

Post by djcaetano »

Hi there!
First, thanks for the great work. It is very nice too see these games running on NDS!

I am just trying to run The Dig on DSLite on an AceKard2i and EZ-Flash IV. The game runs as expected (as other SCUMM games) but it's almost unplayable because its too slow.
I was previously playing it on my PC, and placed some savegames on the SD card and noticed the game speed in the Nexus and when trying to ride the tram is just too damn slow.

Any chances of add a "disable sound" switch?

Regards,
Daniel Caetano
Nitedrgn81

Post by Nitedrgn81 »

Hello, I have a Supercard DSTWO with extra RAM built in. I was wondering if there was a way to utilize that RAM in the same way as the RAM cart, so that DSi users could play Full Throttle & The Dig?