Please test! Run Full Throttle and The Dig using slot-2 RAM

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

roisin

Post by roisin »

ok so the ScummVM DS works fine. it's the crappy MP3 format soundfile that doesn't work!

when I copied the MONSTER.SOU it works. everything works.
the MONSTER.SO3 file, didn't.
roisin

Post by roisin »

I can't play the driving scenes. Even if mouse is in 'hover mode' he drives off all the exits. and if I let go he'll just hit the wall... makes it really really difficult.

I tried putting the game into 'driving mode' in options. But why does he still drive through every exit, the second the sign appears?
protomank

Post by protomank »

For some reason I can't run Full Throttle.
Using a Japanese Nintendo DS Lite with R4 in slot1 and 3in1 expansion (extra RAM works fine with snesemu and opera browser), ScummVM detects it, tells me it does have 16XXXXX bytes, but always tell me I selected the wrong type (event hat I selected the EZ), re-detects it, but when I run I get only two black screens, no console or anything.

Anybody with similar problem?

EDIT: Testing with version 1 I get:
(1:59:0x86): Unknown frame subChunk found: ZFOB, 24!

EDIT2: Found that the version was compressed, downloaded another one (I legally own the game, no piracy attached) and worked like a charm.

The downsized resolution if very beautifull, it looks even better than the original, congrats!
Morden

Post by Morden »

I bought the EZ Flash V 3 in 1 about a week ago. It's still in the mail, but once it arrives, you can expect some info on how it runs with my R4 on a DS Lite.

I have just recently completed Full Throttle on PSP, but I feel like playing the game again. I'm really interested in how the destruction arena sequence will play, since it was such a pain on the PSP.

Haven't played The Dig for years, so I might finish that one too. Let's hope all the puzzles come back to me once I start playing, because at this moment I remember just a few of them and The Dig wasn't exactly easy.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

protomank wrote:For some reason I can't run Full Throttle.
Using a Japanese Nintendo DS Lite with R4 in slot1 and 3in1 expansion (extra RAM works fine with snesemu and opera browser), ScummVM detects it, tells me it does have 16XXXXX bytes, but always tell me I selected the wrong type (event hat I selected the EZ), re-detects it, but when I run I get only two black screens, no console or anything.

Anybody with similar problem?

EDIT: Testing with version 1 I get:
(1:59:0x86): Unknown frame subChunk found: ZFOB, 24!

EDIT2: Found that the version was compressed, downloaded another one (I legally own the game, no piracy attached) and worked like a charm.

The downsized resolution if very beautifull, it looks even better than the original, congrats!
You won't get any help here. I'm not sure how clear forum rule 0 makes it but I know from other posts that questions about games you have downloaded even if you own them are not tolerated.
protomank

Post by protomank »

Red_Breast wrote:You won't get any help here. I'm not sure how clear forum rule 0 makes it but I know from other posts that questions about games you have downloaded even if you own them are not tolerated.
My original question was not about downloaded game.

My self-answer (no one did it before I found the solution) contained a brief explanation about that, for for it, I am sorry. Did not meant to enter the whole piracy/download discussion, just to inform.
jameswalker85

Post by jameswalker85 »

I am having a problem. I am using a CycloDS Evolution and an EZFlash 3-in-1+.

I have followed the instructions to the letter, but ScummVM doesn't seem to load past:

Code: Select all

DLDI Device:
'CycloDS Evolution v1.3'
DLDI Driver Initialised OK!
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I only got to demo Full Throttle way back when, and I recently just bought a whole heap of 'classic' PC games.

Note: I don't even get to select my RAM pack. I just get a list of controls, and that message.
ufoufo

Post by ufoufo »

Full Throttle seems to work fine with M3 Perfect (Compact Flash). I was really surprised to find out that my Slot-2 device, which I considered to antique, had a such feature.

Watched only the intro, some minor slow downs. I have to test more, I have both Dig and Full Throttle for MAC and PC.
ufoufo

Post by ufoufo »

I played the Full Throttle to the Corley Motors factory. I had an issue. I should be able to exit the stadium sales booth. There should be an arrow pointing down in the screen with the booth. However there is not. On PC (latest SVN build) there is. I can send the save game file that does not work on DS but works on PC. Originally this savegame file is made in DS.
Crazy-S

Post by Crazy-S »

Isnt there a way to implement the extra Ram of the Iplayer so that everyone with an Iplayer could play those games??
another world

Post by another world »

ufoufo wrote:I played the Full Throttle to the Corley Motors factory. I had an issue. I should be able to exit the stadium sales booth. There should be an arrow pointing down in the screen with the booth. However there is not. On PC (latest SVN build) there is. I can send the save game file that does not work on DS but works on PC. Originally this savegame file is made in DS.
try holding "L" and pressing "DOWN" to see a bit more of the bottom of the screen.

-another world
Vlcice

Post by Vlcice »

I was thinking about something. I remember it was mentioned that the CD versions of Inherit the Earth weren't compatible because they used up too much RAM - would it be possible to get them to work with a slot-2 RAM cart?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Maybe (probably?) but I doubt agentq has time for it.
I think he wanted to get Full Throttle and The Dig done because they are SCUMM games. Bearing in mind the title of the application (ScummVM) I think he felt the package incomplete without them.
Correct me if I'm wrong agentq.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

As I think I've mentioned before, getting games working with extra RAM support is a very complex process and needs to be tailored for each game supported. I wanted to get Full Throttle and The Dig working mainly because I love those games, but I'm not realistically going to be able to do any more.

Just to get an idea of the amount of work involved, it took almost a year, on and off, to support FT and The Dig. That's mainly because I don't get a lot of spare time, but there's still many many hours of work which has gone into these titles.
Blooglspash

Post by Blooglspash »

I have a quick question, which RAM expansion works the best for these games? I would like to know before I buy one (I already have the games).