Please test! Run Full Throttle and The Dig using slot-2 RAM

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DrWadsy

Post by DrWadsy »

I'm playing through FT at the moment, and I've encountered a strange show-stopper bug. I'm using a DS Lite, M3Real with the M3 GBA expansion and latest SCUMM build with memory support.

At the stadium, once I enter the area with Horrace I can't get back to the main area. I can go to the room where you enter the stadium, but nowhere else. I think this means I'm stuck :(

I have a save from before the bridge crossing, so I'll try again, but it's weird. Anyone else encounter this problem?
Mortys

Post by Mortys »

I've got this problem too (With my supercard Mini SD) but I supposed that I've forgot to do something in the game and not thats a bug.
DrWadsy

Post by DrWadsy »

SPOILERS

I also assumed it was because I had to do things before I could leave, but I've got the bunny, and need to get the battery out. To do that I need to get on my bike, and go to the minefield so I don't think it's supposed to happen like this.

Are the DS saves compatible with the PC version of SCUMMVM? If so I'll test in on the PC, just to see if this is a DS-build bug or a problem with me copy of FT...
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I seem to remember having that issue and solved it by scrolling the screen down (L + D-pad), as you have to click right at the bottom of the screen to leave that area.
DrWadsy

Post by DrWadsy »

@agentq - perfect, thanks for the fix :)

On my DS it's R and D-pad to scroll, but that fixed it perfectly. No other problems at all so far. I've had minor sound repeats when moving from one area to another, but it really isn't a big deal, considering that until a week or so ago FT on the DS was impossible. Excellent work!
MaxArt

Post by MaxArt »

Hi Neil/agentq, sorry to bring this news but it seems that the Opera Expansion Pack doesn't work. I've tested it with both The Dig and Full Throttle (italian versions), and although the expansion device is correctly detected, the games just don't run. Black screens. No sound, no cursor.
I've tried it with my DSTT and an AceKard 2, both with their respective latest firmware.
On a side note, it's the Opera expansion pack for the DS fat, while I've a DS Lite, but I don't think that's the problem, isn't that?
Guybrush_Threepwood wrote:Oh, and ScummVM detects my EZFlashV perfectly, but it shows me a RAM size of...wait... 29369128 bytes, that´s roundabout 30 megs, right? I´ve always read about 16 megs or 64, but never 30! Is Scumm correct there? Is my RAM broken (I don´t think so, it works perfectly fine with browsers, homebrew, gba and ScummVM)? Does anybody know???
Odd. My Ewin pack, too, is detected as a 29369128 bytes expansion RAM, but I'm sure it's not broken because, duh, it does load whole 32 megs .gba files.
So, I guess you have a 64 MB 3in1, but ScummVM can detect only those 30 MB... And the same happens to me.

Another issue, maybe, agentq? Well, it's not that important anyway, as far as the games run well.
DrWadsy

Post by DrWadsy »

Just thought I'd update.

Completed FT, no crashes or any real problems at any point during the game. The only thing I noticed that got irritating was the voices during the derby (during the little cutscenes) became very choppy, and the animation was several seconds behind the voices.

I also found the 'car controls' to be fairly useless, since it still registered a right D-pad press as a right click (so I was constantly switching weapons as I got closer, and could only attack when moving away). I'm sure this isn't how it's supposed to work though, anyone else have similar issues? Do I need to try switching off the trackpad mode?

Anyway, excellent work agentq, I never thought I'd get to play through these games on my DS :)
efen3001

Post by efen3001 »

Hi I have a R4 Revolution and EZFLASHV 3 in 1 expansion pack and everything is working except for ftdigtest. I get black screen when I try to run Full Throttle or The dig. Could someone help me out here?
efen3001

Post by efen3001 »

Just figured out how to get The Dig working. I was trying to run a compressed version of the game so I tryed the original uncompressed version and it worked!
Gus_Bofa

Post by Gus_Bofa »

Well hi there everybody!

I got an EZ-Flash 1 256mb. Will the build work, or is my card too old? (I have an R4 in slot 1).

Good luck continuing the great work!
Harrypoppins

Post by Harrypoppins »

If there is a new version of this port "full throttle", that will great if it'll possible to play this one whith a card for the slot ds (no flash required) ?
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

Harrypoppins wrote:If there is a new version of this port "full throttle", that will great if it'll possible to play this one whith a card for the slot ds (no flash required) ?
You mean without the ram expansion? It's not possible for the moment since all flash karts still work in DS mode. DSi features (access to camera, extra ram and cpu) are yet to be cracked.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

You'll never be able to play Full Throttle or The Dig without a RAM pack on the original DS or DS Lite. It's possible that one day you'll be able to play it on the DSi, and that won't need a RAM pack.
briandamage

Post by briandamage »

MaxArt wrote:Hi Neil/agentq, sorry to bring this news but it seems that the Opera Expansion Pack doesn't work. I've tested it with both The Dig and Full Throttle (italian versions), and although the expansion device is correctly detected, the games just don't run. Black screens. No sound, no cursor.
Seems to be the same story for me. I have R4DS and the Opera RAM expansion pack and when I try to run The Dig I immediately get a black screen with no sound and have to reboot.

It sounds like it's working for many others, though, so big respect to the programmer for spending so much time on this!
roisin

Post by roisin »

help.

I have R4DS and EZ Flash V (3 in 1).
Compressed MONSTER.sou and replaced it with MONSTER.so3
Game intro and music and fx work fine, but no speech in-game.

My Full Throttle CD is very scratched, but I don't think this is the problem.

love this game,
any help would be appreciated.