ScummVM 0.8a

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NinjaFae

ScummVM 0.8a

Post by NinjaFae »

Serious bug?

I have run ScummVM for ages since hearing about it, for BASS, MI 1 and 2, etc, but when I upgraded to Tiger recently, ScummVM stopped operating. It would pop it's Icon up in my dock, then disappear just as quick.

My machine:
iBook G3 Dual-USB - 800Mhz
384MB RAM
DVD/Combo
14.1 inch
OS X 10.4.4

Further investigation suggested, though it had to be wrong, that I had an incorrect CPU type, however, since I'd been running it fine up til the Tiger Upgrade, I question it's validity. If, however, it is right, can someone assist me in getting a suitable G3 version, as compilation fails too, despite having installed, practically every dev/consumer version of SDL I could find. It fails to compile becaus of a missing 'sdl-config'? O_o
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

This question could of been answered by using the search function for the forum because this has been raised before.

See this thread for more info.

As for the compilation errors, sdl-config is probably not in your path therefore the compile fails.

Jimbob
NinjaFae

Post by NinjaFae »

My apologies, then, however, since that thread gives a link to a corrupted file, (I've downloaded 5 times now, to be sure), can you simply give me a link to a working version? :/
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Try using wget instead of an internet browser to get the file. Sourceforge seems to be going slow and cutting connections alot (as you've found out).

if you still can't download it, send me a PM with an email address and I'll try to send it via email.

Jimbob