cant load gamesave from pc

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

blackmeto

cant load gamesave from pc

Post by blackmeto »

im playing full throttle on a samsung saga, trying to load a savegame from the pc that i made after i beat mine road but it doesnt show up in the load game menu
Please!!????
blackmeto

Post by blackmeto »

as a matter of fact it only loads a previous save file that is supposed to be overwritten by the one from the pc.
They both have the same file name but the save name is different. Example: the phone save game is mo but the one im trying to bring over from the pc is named new
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: cant load gamesave from pc

Post by eriktorbjorn »

blackmeto wrote:im playing full throttle on a samsung saga, trying to load a savegame from the pc that i made after i beat mine road but it doesnt show up in the load game menu
Please!!????
The PC version uses compressed savegames by default. Maybe the WinCE port can't handle them? See this thread or this one for a possible workaround.
blackmeto

Post by blackmeto »

is there a better version of scumm for my phone because when i unpack a savegame and put it on there it crashes the engine when i exit
blackmeto

Post by blackmeto »

i ended up saving another game from the pc side in slot 2 and putting that save without unzipping in 3 places on my phone
the scumm root
the saves folder i made
and the ft folder
now it shows up in the load list
wonder which 1 i can erase?
blackmeto

Post by blackmeto »

got rid of the unzipped save and can now exit without crashing again

looks like the only one i need is the one that was in the saves folder, but i swear i tried that