Port for Samsung M8800 Pixon?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

oceanclub

Port for Samsung M8800 Pixon?

Post by oceanclub »

Was wondering if there's anyone working on - or even any chance of - a port for the Samsung Pixon M8800 touchscreen phone? Specs are here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_m8800_pixon-2535.php

Regards,

P.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

My mad Google skills tell me this phone uses the Touchwiz operating system.
It seems no one here or on the SourceForge page is talking about Touchwiz or doing anything to port to it.
oceanclub

Post by oceanclub »

bobdevis wrote:My mad Google skills tell me this phone uses the Touchwiz operating system.
It seems no one here or on the SourceForge page is talking about Touchwiz or doing anything to port to it.
Shame. :(

P.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I think TouchWiz is just another thin wrapper around WindowsCE, so maybe the WinCE port works on it.

But yeah, it is a shame that all these phone companies constantly develop their own proprietary OSes / shells, release little technical information about them and make it in general hard to develop stuff for their phones. :/
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

I think the idea is that they'd rather have you buy extra functionality from them or the telco's instead of loading it up with 3rd party stuff.
That or the paranoia of being sued for patent infringement.

Once the value of 3rd party software will start to outweigh the value of the OS for the general market as happened on the PC, this nonsense will hopefully end.