loom on android

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

schwiz

loom on android

Post by schwiz »

has anyone got any copy of loom to work on the scummvm that is on the android market? It keeps freezing for me after you pick the difficulty.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I hope you do not plan to violate forum rule #0: No warez...

If you just want to find out whether Loom runs on the G1, good luck to you. The G1 port is not yet official, though.
schwiz

Post by schwiz »

oh well i guess you guys should know someone has ported it and its avalible on the android market place. They list this website as its official website. Anyways, no I have loom from back in the day as well as day of the tentacle which runs great on the port.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

If you reread my msg, as well as some of the other threads here, you'll be aware of the G1 port. The "warez" part referred to Loom, not ScummVM on Android ;).
schwiz

Post by schwiz »

ok so im confused is there a place for G1 port discussion and yes I am just wondering if anyone has got loom to run on said g1 scummvm port. Or if it is just me or my copy that crashes after selecting the difficulty level.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

What we can say is. try recopying the gamefiles from the original media (floppy, cd) to see if it works any better. And I guess the G1 (not Android) version of ScummVM is work in progress.
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

is there a place to download a different version of the android scummvm? or only the one in the G1 market place?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

sblaise84 wrote:is there a place to download a different version of the android scummvm? or only the one in the G1 market place?
No, Android port os not yet official.

Eugene
badbob001

Post by badbob001 »

Maybe it's because I don't frequent this fourm enough to suspect every other post to be a request for warez, but I thought the original poster was just asking if anyone got their copy of loom working.
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

To the original poster: i had problems with sam n max freezing. someone here told me something that might work for u. download the pc version n use it to get past the point ur stuck at. then copy the save game to ur game directory on the phone and load it up from the phone. hopefully u can play it that way since you'll be past where it freezes up.
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

sblaise84 wrote:To the original poster: i had problems with sam n max freezing. someone here told me something that might work for u. download the pc version n use it to get past the point ur stuck at. then copy the save game to ur game directory on the phone and load it up from the phone. hopefully u can play it that way since you'll be past where it freezes up.
If someone can say that newer svn versions fix these problems I'll happily upload a newer build to the market.

I could also go backwards and base my port on the 0.13 release, but I was kinda hoping 0.14 would come out soon and save me from making such a decision ;)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

gus wrote:I was kinda hoping 0.14 would come out soon and save me from making such a decision ;)
It will be released in August or something :) We could release 0.13.1 in a month or so if there will be important bugs discovered.

Eugene
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

Gotta say I'm impressed by how much attention you're actually paying to these threads. Great work Gus! I'm rooting for this G1 port to be popular BECAUSE I love it! Can't wait for your update.
Last edited by sblaise84 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

sblaise84 wrote:Gotta say I'm impressed by how much attention you're actually paying to these forums. Great work gus! I'm rooting for this G1 port to be popular cuz I love it! Can't wait for your update. Also I know I asked this in 3 other threads but how do I make a new .apk with the patch?
moderatorial: Sorry, pal. You get a warning for violating Forum Rule #7. Also I would like to point you to Rule #12 "The official language is English".
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

So out of my entire articulated post, you're coming down on me for using cuz instead of because to save some time typing on my phone?