Goblins 3

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NoobModder

Goblins 3

Post by NoobModder »

So I've read the other posts and I get the feeling that theres a way to play Goblins 3 even tho I can't get past the keyboard color chart thing. Is there a special version to download that doesnt have the color confirmation screen?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

You mean the game's copy protection? Consult the manual that came with your game (you do have the manual, right? :) )
NoobModder

Post by NoobModder »

I had this game on a windows 95 pc YEARS ago so no manual. Well anyway I got it working but it doesnt seem to want to scroll left. Going to the right seems to work okay. Any ideas or comments?
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

NoobModder wrote:it doesnt seem to want to scroll left. Going to the right seems to work okay. Any ideas or comments?
As I recall, the scrolling on gob3 is... interesting. Going right is fine, but to scroll left the cursor has to be on the very left-most pixel (which makes it a bitch with a touchscreen, not tried it on wii). And yes, it's the same as the original ;-)
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

spookypeanut wrote:
NoobModder wrote:it doesnt seem to want to scroll left. Going to the right seems to work okay. Any ideas or comments?
As I recall, the scrolling on gob3 is... interesting. Going right is fine, but to scroll left the cursor has to be on the very left-most pixel (which makes it a bitch with a touchscreen, not tried it on wii). And yes, it's the same as the original ;-)
They won't let me test gob3 at work, but the Wii port defines the IR cursor resolution 20% bigger for each axis than the on-screen display. That gives you a 10% dead zone on the sides, which all result the cursor pointing at the first/last pixel.