ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > General Discussion > Gabriel Knight 2 - English subtitles patch Goto page Previous  1, 2
Gabriel Knight 2 - English subtitles patch
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
laffer

Cool! Glad you got it working! If you decide to play through the entire game, please post any errors you find here Smile

Post Mon May 04, 2009 2:00 pm 
theno1katzman

game crashes beginning of ACT2 of opera. 

I played through up until ACT 2 of the opera scene fine using the latest Gog.com version. I used instructions on the forum over there to get it to work with it. But then the screen goes blank when there is supposed to be a cut-scene to start ACT 2.

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:40 pm 
IntEmu

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - English subtitles patch 

quote:
Originally posted by laffer
NEW, UPDATED LINK! Fixed a few broken lines and such -
http://www.sendspace.com/file/puaold

Download it, run SETUP.EXE and specify your GK2 folder (and overwrite the files).
Hi, I can't get the subtitles to appear in ScummVM, does this patch work with ScummVM and Gabriel Knight 2 (GK2)? Any help is appreciated.

I installed GK2 for ScummVM by following the ScummVM Datafiles wiki and then manually installed the subtitle patch following the instructions in link below. Then I added 'patchDir = .\SUBPATCH' to RESOURCE.CFG/RESOURCE.WIN.
http://www.gog.com/forum/gabriel_knight_series/q_does_gabriel_knight_2_the_beast_within_feature_subtitles
Post Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:22 pm 
m_kiewitz
ScummVM Developer

quote:
Originally posted by laffer
* only works with the Windows version. Again, if anyone can fix this, it would be awesome!

Is this still an issue?

I can look into it.

BUT was does it even mean exactly? Does the patch not work at all in DOS? Do parts of it not work?
Post Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:32 pm 
Freddo

quote:
Originally posted by IntEmu
Hi, I can't get the subtitles to appear in ScummVM, does this patch work with ScummVM and Gabriel Knight 2 (GK2)? Any help is appreciated.

I'm having problems getting it to work in ScummVM too.

I copied the game files from the discs into a GK2SCUMMVM folder and got it to run. Afterwards I copied all the files from a subtitles install in GK2DOS and overwrote some stuff in GK2SCUMMVM and now it won't work after the opening movie in Chapter 1.

"ERROR: Unittialized read for temp 1 from method::export 10 (room 34, script 11, localCall ffffffff)!"

So much for getting it to work quick and easy, I will try it again but it's 2am here now, so it will happen later.
Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:16 am 
Reply to topic