Full Throttle :(

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Xerx3s

Full Throttle :(

Post by Xerx3s »

Hi, I just installed ScummVM on my touch HD and installed Full Throttle as well. All seemed to work very nicely until I got to the scene in the beginning where you need to battle another biker. I just can't beat the guy.
I'm completely stuck and I suspect that it's because it doesn't take my clicks fast enough or something (screen input maybe?). Already tried binding the attack button to a hardkey but it won't accept that.
I can't remember the PC version ever being this hard (iirc, I beat it in the first go on the pc).

Am I missing something here? Has anyone else on the Touch HD been able to beat this section? Is there some special setting I should set? Failing all that, is there anyone with a savegame just beyond that section?

I really like to play this game again but after dying 50 times without even getting a hint that I'm hurting the guy it becomes rather frustrating. :(
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Are you talking about the mine road fights? There's a "cheat" to get past those, v useful on WinCE. Just assign a button to "multi-function", and press it when you're in a fight.
Xerx3s

Post by Xerx3s »

Doesn't work. Almost none of the things I bind to hard keys work in that section. I also can't access the menu (tapping it does nothing).
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

There has been some problems with the UI resources for the keymapping dialog, its the same shared for all small backends, I have now updated the resources some, and if you make a new build it might improve.
Xerx3s

Post by Xerx3s »

Sorry, you have completely lost me. :)

What am I supposed to do?