YDL 6.1 linux on PS3 SCUMMVM will not go full screen

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

spaghettihoop5

YDL 6.1 linux on PS3 SCUMMVM will not go full screen

Post by spaghettihoop5 »

Hi all,

I know people always have problems with the scummvm not going full screen, usually because they don't know to type alt and enter. But when I do this I only get it at 640x480 resolution and all around is a black border. I have a 32" 1080p TV, so this is really small and unplayable.

Could this have something to do with ps3-video-mode interfering with the change in resolution on the screen?

Is there any work around that anyone can think of that I can try? I'm using version 0.9.1 (since YDL 6.1 is FC6), does anyone know if compiling the newer scummvm will work?

Thanks!!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Isn't this down to the resolution of the game you're playing in ScummVM (they're not all the same - generally the older the smaller) and the filter you're using in the graphics menu.
A lot of games have a res. of 320x240 or 320x200. With the 2x filter (I can't remember if that's the default) you get 640x480/400.
spaghettihoop5

Post by spaghettihoop5 »

I'm trying to play curse of monkey island and I imagine that playing that on a TV would be amazing!

I do have the graphics set to default. Though, when I try 3x in the graphics menu, the ScummVM menu does go 3x larger when the application has been restarted, but as soon as I run the game, it goes back down to 640x480.

Are there any particular filters I should try to set it too? There are quite a few in the graphics menu.