compress_simon for feeble files

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pilaxoft

compress_simon for feeble files

Post by pilaxoft »

I´ve read hunderd pages of topics in this forum but I can´t get !compress_simon" for compressing voices1 to 4 in the feeble files thread.
Case is that I´m spanish talking and I need to fit Feeble files in a 2GB SD card since my 1945HP in no SDHC.
Thanks for your help.... and patience.

Saludos.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

It might be slightly OT but SDHC should be no problem. There is a SDHC WM5/6 driver available in the wild web which allows to use SDHC cards.
I personally have used this driver already for months in a Loox N560 which can normally not handle SDHC cards without this driver and I do not have any problems.
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

It wont work couse hp1945 is a wm2003se device, not an wm5.

It shouldn´t be too difficult compress this four voices.wav to mp3 or even compress it to ogg type of data.
My problem becomes when I try to compress these ones with compress_simon.exe. This program gives me an error and stops even before starting the compression.

And my problem is that my original folder occupies more than 2Gb whithout compression of voices files. That folder won´t fit in a 2 Gb sd card.

Any suggestion?
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

I can try to compress that files with an vorbis encoder but I need to know the parameters. Lame says me that can´t recognize voice files... but feeble works fine.
I would like to know what is the content of that voices to install the one that program needs in any chapter.

Thanks.