Testing, testing (Help us with 0.13.0 release testing)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Took a break from Goblins, ran through Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Floppy/DOS/English). It is completable with no major issues that I noticed under the Feb 15th 0.13.0 pre svn build on Win32.

The only issue is a graphical glitch that I can't reliably reproduce so won't submit to the bug tracker atm. Occasionally after a fight the menu will be covered with a greyish block. Quitting and reloading fixes this.

And as the previous poster said, the latest daily build breaks themes.
Zer02

Post by Zer02 »

Manhunter II compleated, ther seams to be a bug with the F3 hotkey. I will make a bug report. (Version 3.02)
Also compleated Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis Fists path. (DOS CD)

Tested on Windows XP
Last edited by Zer02 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

KuroShiro wrote:The only issue is a graphical glitch that I can't reliably reproduce so won't submit to the bug tracker atm. Occasionally after a fight the menu will be covered with a greyish block. Quitting and reloading fixes this.
Fixed in ScummVM SVN, use the next daily snapshot of ScummVM SVN.
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Zer02 wrote:Manhunter II compleated, ther seams to be a bug with the F3 hotkey. I will make a bug report. (Version 3.02)
I've added this, but just to double check: is that the English DOS version?
Zer02

Post by Zer02 »

spookypeanut wrote:
Zer02 wrote:Manhunter II compleated, ther seams to be a bug with the F3 hotkey. I will make a bug report. (Version 3.02)
I've added this, but just to double check: is that the English DOS version?
Yes it is the English DOS version.
Bug report 2605104 for F3 problem.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Simon the Sorceror 1 (CD/Windows/English) is still completable without any issues in the Feb 16 0.13.0pre SVN build on Windows XP.

Elvira's graphics glitches are also gone now, as you said Kirben. Also, as I mentioned before though it may have been missed as it was an edit, Gobliins 2 (v1.000 CD/DOS/English) is also completable in Win32 with only very minor (and probably unfixable) audio issues.
sirskunkalot

Bud Tucker error

Post by sirskunkalot »

Bud Tucker crashes to desktop every time I talk to Dave (the painter in Seedy Street). I submitted bug report 2613839.

scummvm-0.13.0pre-win32-20090218
Bud Tucker (DOS/GERMAN)

Since the english was completable, I assume this only happens to the german version?!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

0.13.0 Release Testing is now over. Thanks to all who helped out! :D
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I've been playing The Dig over the last week and just finished so I thought I'd add it here.
I then saw your post clone2727.

So if we finish games now do you not want us to post?
I would think it would be good to have an ongoing sticky thread of completed games although I understand that this is different to a 0.13 testing post.

Hope you don't mind me asking. The ongoing post sounds good from where I am but you've been doing this longer and know what's best.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Red_Breast wrote:So if we finish games now do you not want us to post?
The already tested games are up on the wiki. You can still post if you would like, but there's really no need at this point: ScummVM 0.13.0 has already been tagged. Thanks, though! :)
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Doh! I didn't realise there was a page with a listing like that. This must be about the third time I've been pointed to a page on the Wiki I haven't seen before even though I've spent hours browsing the Wiki.
Next time (0.14) I'll keep an eye on the page and games that haven't been tested yet.
Can I ask one more question before this thread sinks? I notice not to many Humungous games have been tested. I always hear that they're aimed at kids in general and they're in ScummVM almost by default as they share the engine. But are there any that do offer a bit of a challenge maybe or any that you personally like/recommend?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Red_Breast wrote:But are there any that do offer a bit of a challenge maybe or any that you personally like/recommend?
I rather enjoyed the Pajama Sam games and Spyfox games, though they're still not particularly challenging. I got the impression that the Freddi Fish and Putt-Putt are for even younger children. What little I've seen of them was a bit too childish for me, at least.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Red_Breast wrote:But are there any that do offer a bit of a challenge maybe or any that you personally like/recommend?
I like majority of those games and played all of them to the death with my kids. The games are of fantastic quality, after all that is same Ron Gilbert who made Monkey Island who ran Humongous Entertainment. What is most notable in the games is that practically every item on screen has one or more animations once you click on them. The games themselves are really kind and have no active violence, absolutely.

But of course, they all are for children and most difficult challenge is 17+21 :)

Eugene
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

If I see any going and they're not to expensive I'll pick them up.
Actually I say this as I was reading about Humongous yesterday and noted the game Moonbase Commander.
I was browsing in a local charity shop about 6 weeks ago and they had this game.
It's strategy right? Picked up some awards like 'Best of 2002 - The game no one played' from IGN.
I didn't have time to go through all the games in the shop. I might go back and have a look through.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Red_Breast wrote:If I see any going and they're not to expensive I'll pick them up.
Actually I say this as I was reading about Humongous yesterday and noted the game Moonbase Commander.
Ah, right. That one is a gem IMHO. Though we still do not support it in ScummVM, too much extra work, and it uses 16-bits graphics a lot.

Eugene