port to android g1??

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

fdisk wrote:Could someone PM me where I can get games? I got the port but I have no clue where I can get games for it. I'm particularly interested in Day of the Tentacle (Never played it), Indy and the search of Atlantis and all Monkey Islands.
This page is an attempt to document places where some of the games have been available for purchase lately.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Look at the top of the forums, there's a link named "Buy supported games"....
badbob001

Post by badbob001 »

If trackball support is implemented, please add support for on-screen left/right mouse buttons (can be invisible). Clicking the trackball or the camera button is not very easy. Or two user-defined buttons on the keyboard (but probably trickier on the logic on when to send a click or a letter). Hey, all of the above would be great since everyone loves choices and would make this port work on other android devices, like keyboard-less phones.

We may also need a way to toggle the trackball from mouse/cusor mode to dpad mode, or have on-screen dpad controls or use four keys on the keyboard for that.
rwilco5

Post by rwilco5 »

Nice work, gus!

I'm having a blast with my old games on the G1. It's a treat to see these again.

Feature requests:
Workaround for FKeys - can't play slots to finish sq1 without them (and other games need them too).
Trackball direction keys would be nice.

Thanks a bunch,
-eric
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

please add the fixes for the SAGA engine bugs to the next market download please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and btw ur the man for bringin adventure games to my G1! and yea please add custom keyboard or something a lot of games require F buttons to save, load, etc. i have one or two games that the launcher won't allow me to save in it requires the ingame menu.
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

sblaise84 wrote:please add the fixes for the SAGA engine bugs to the next market download please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and btw ur the man for bringin adventure games to my G1! and yea please add custom keyboard or something a lot of games require F buttons to save, load, etc. i have one or two games that the launcher won't allow me to save in it requires the ingame menu.
Yep, I only just saw other posts confirming the saga engine had been fixed - I'll try to get a version based on newer svn up this week.

My plan is to add trackball support for mouse and use the scummvm onscreen keyboard to give access to function keys, etc.
I've got bits of code for both in there but neither works yet.
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

EanF wrote:also is it possible to allow the game files to be stored in sub folders rather than requiring they all be in the root of the SD card? I'm a bit of a file management geek :)
Oh there is no need to put the files in the root of the sdcard. I have mine in per-game subdirs of /sdcard/ScummVM/ for example.
sblaise84
Got a warning

Post by sblaise84 »

awesome! glad to hear you'll be updating this unlike some of the other market devs who drop an app on the market n never update. if i run into any other issues ill let u know. only other gripe i have is that sometimes selecting text options is annoying, same for small objects. i find i have to tap above an item or text to actually select it sometimes. i manage to work through it but its annoying (especially for conversations with lots of responses). nothing like clicking a response by accident and hearing the same dialog 3 times in a row lol
inmyrem

Post by inmyrem »

I stumbled across the SCUMMVM app while browsing around the G1 apps this afternoon and almost squealed with joy! I own so many of the old games it supports, including some I wished it did (Space Quest 4!) and took some time this evening to test some out. Watching the Day of the Tentacle intro right now! This is just absolutely superb. Thank you for the port. :D
guitarbloke

Post by guitarbloke »

Guys, I hate to ask a stupid question, but I'm a bit of a technology-noob and I'm having trouble loading games in ScummVM on my G1.

The interface loads but when I select Add Game, I get a list of folders which I don't see when my G1 is plugged in so I can't save my game files to any of these folders.

What I initially did was connect my G1 to the PC and copy to game files to a new folder. However, I am unable to browse to this folder from the ScummVM interface on the G1. There is a folder listed in the interface named "sdcard" which I assumed would show me the contents of my SD Card so that I could browse to my game folder from there, but it simply says that no game files was found when I click it.

I would really appreciate some instructions on where to save my game files please once I've plugged in my G1. I'm a complete idiot with techie stuff, so I hope I've explained myself clearly.

Thanks so much in advance! :)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

You answered you own question. You need to get an SD card and put your games on that.
inmyrem

Post by inmyrem »

I was having similar problems then realized I had to scroll around. The problem is the menu isn't very usable for scrolling and the trackball isn't supported just yet. The easiest way to get to your folders is to press the associated letter for it. Your games will be on the SDCARD in the folder you named it. For example, I'm currently playing Day of the Tentacle. The folder I put it in is called DOTT. Press S to get to the first folder with an S. It'll more than likely be the SDCARD folder. If it isn't, press S twice and it'll go to the next one. When you see the SDCARD folder, try to double press on it. Once you go into that folder, press the first letter of your game folder. In my case it was D. Highlight your game folder and press Choose. If it's a game the program recognizes, it'll add it to your game list. Also, keep in mind you don't have to put your games in any one particular place. As long as you can browse to the folder through the menu, you're fine. Since it's still a tad difficult to maneuver around, you may want to just keep individual folders just inside the SDCARD folder. Hope that helps!
guitarbloke

Post by guitarbloke »

inmyrem wrote:I was having similar problems then realized I had to scroll around. The problem is the menu isn't very usable for scrolling and the trackball isn't supported just yet. The easiest way to get to your folders is to press the associated letter for it. Your games will be on the SDCARD in the folder you named it. For example, I'm currently playing Day of the Tentacle. The folder I put it in is called DOTT. Press S to get to the first folder with an S. It'll more than likely be the SDCARD folder. If it isn't, press S twice and it'll go to the next one. When you see the SDCARD folder, try to double press on it. Once you go into that folder, press the first letter of your game folder. In my case it was D. Highlight your game folder and press Choose. If it's a game the program recognizes, it'll add it to your game list. Also, keep in mind you don't have to put your games in any one particular place. As long as you can browse to the folder through the menu, you're fine. Since it's still a tad difficult to maneuver around, you may want to just keep individual folders just inside the SDCARD folder. Hope that helps!
That's brilliant! Thank you so much!!
guitarbloke

Post by guitarbloke »

Jonatan wrote:You answered you own question. You need to get an SD card and put your games on that.
Thanks for your reply Jonatan, but as you will read from my question - I alerady am using an SD card :)
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Sorry, just woke up:)