ScummVM/Wii SVN builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jimbob0i0

Post by jimbob0i0 »

I asked about the buildbot on IRC...

The binaries generated aren't downloadable according to some scummvmers on there... the daily page just has it as:

"ScummVM Daily builds will come back to you very soon, via our new ScummVM buildbot! "

Plus of course some engines might be missing etc which is why I tried to get a build environment going on here :)

Plus it's ... like... geekish and fun to compile stuff yourself /cough

I used to be a Gentoo user with a full stage1 build as my main machine.... switched to ubuntu at 7.04 but still get a buzz from doing stuff myself heh
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

Bossk wrote:New checkout + build:
scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r39753.7z
Bossk: Could it be, that your build doesn't include USB Mass storage support as the "official" builds by dhewg do? I just tried your build, and while it's working perfectly, I can't access my USB HDD.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I got a Verbatim 250GB USB 2.0/1.1 HDD at the weekend as I thought it would just make things easier.
I just tried Bossk's new build and this new HDD was detected.

The HDD you tried is using FAT right? You can't use NTFS.
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

Red_Breast wrote: The HDD you tried is using FAT right? You can't use NTFS.
Strange. Yes, it's using FAT32. Official version 0.13 detects the disk without a problem... Also every other homebrew that supports USB works flawlessly too.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

I'm using dhewg's branches of libfat+libogc, nothing special there. Really strange, I'll go check if I can see what happens.
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

It's getting even stranger. Out of curiosity I tried my USB Flash Drive (a 2 GB Sandisk Cruzer), and this doesn't work too on your ScummVM version. But it works on 0.13, just the same as my HDD. Also: I've tried the build by jimbob0i0, and this one doesn't recognize any USB drives too. Was there some time between 0.13 and now any major change in the USB drivers of libfat/libogc that could interfere with my Wii? It's a PAL Wii btw, with 3.3 (pre October 23rd update, the disk update from Animal Crossing).

Edit: OK, now I tried your oldest build (02/20/2009 - scummvm-wii-0.13.0_r38584.7z) you had on your account, and USB does indeed work on that one.
jimbob0i0

Post by jimbob0i0 »

Still haven't had time to test my build...

My wii is currently packed up in a carry case :/

Thanks for letting me know about the usb drive on my build - will try to find whatever is needed in next day or two to rebuild it and see what I get. I don't have any external storage to test it with right now though...
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I have a 2GB SanDisk Cruzer.
I just tried it with all 3 builds. Bossk, Jimbob and Dhewg and it works with all 3.
I'm on 3.3U. (Nintendo never treats PAL regions with respect so I imported.) Oh and it's the first one as well, not the later ver.2 from October.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

It's quite strange. AFAIK the usbstorage.c in libogc hasn't changed much in the past few months.
And dhewg used the same tree for 0.13 as I do for these builds.

I currently have no FAT32 usb media to try, but I'll grab my usbkey and try to test some stuff tonight.
toxicshadow

Post by toxicshadow »

Hey Bossk. I have been using your 39753 build and find the virtual keyboard to be very useful but I have found a snag. All buttons on the keyboard seem to function correctly apart from enter which just shows [???] and does nothing.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Thanks.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

Ok, I think I fixed the enter key in the virtual keyboard. Not tested on my Wii yet, but should work the same.

scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r39954.7z
- Fixed the Enter key in the VKEYBD
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

You can get around this by exiting the virtual keyboard and pressing the 2 button on the Wii-mote which acts as the ENTER key. Several keys still do nothing on the Virtual Keyboard, though. Like the symbols for apostraphe and a few others.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

I'll see if I can map those sometime. For completeness sake, not for real usability IMHO.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Well it can be used for naming/renaming games in the main ScummVM menu. Like "King's Quest" and such where you need symbols like that.

Also, the cursour is still really hard to see. Is that going to be changed or left alone?
woodoste

Post by woodoste »

Does this new version support USB-USB2 devices such pendrives and HDDs?