ScummVM/Wii SVN builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bossk

Post by Bossk »

@ Paperman
Ah crap, that's what you get for compiling stuff @ work and not being able to test the build (I want a Wii at work!)
Sorry. But then again, it was only a test for MI3 so I got the feedback I wanted.
I'll post an updated build later tonight, after I tested it ;)
Paperman

Post by Paperman »

@Red Breast
I will try this build. :)

@Bossk
Dito @ Wii@Work.
As I saw that you posted a new build, I wanted to check it immediately.
But I was at work and didn't have any Wii around here. :)

I am very happy and thankful that you made a new build.
So you don't have to apologize. :)
I am also pleased about the new build today. ^^
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

This *should* have the buttons mapped properly: scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r38393.7z
Used dhewg's libwiikeyboard lib this time.

;)
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

New day, new build to test.
scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r38458.7z

/wiikbd.map can hold any of the following values:

Code: Select all

us
de
de-nodead
fr
fr-apple
fr-dvorak
dk
dk-nodead
it
uk
jp
sv
sv-nodead
no
no-nodead
us-dvorak
us-swapctrlcaps
us-iopener
jp-swapctrlcaps
fr-swapctrlcaps
fr-swapctrlcaps-apple
fr-swapctrlcaps-dvorak
be-swapctrlcaps
us-swapctrlcaps-dvorak
us-swapctrlcaps-iopener
es
be
ru
ua
sg
sg-nodead
sf
sf-nodead
pt
pt-apple
lt
la
br
tr
tr-nodead
pl
hu
si
cf
cf-nodead
lv
nl
nl-nodead
Paperman

Post by Paperman »

Okay.
I tested the newest Release. :)
Great thing.

The Buttons are all correct.
The new Menu will show, when pressing "Home" and the Virtual keyboard will appear when pressing "Cross Down".

But one strange thing.
Also concerning MI3. :)
I cannot load a savestate in the new Home menu.
The Buttons for Load and Save are darker and I cannot "press" them.

I noticed that I have to use the F5 Button on the Virtual Keyboard to activate the old menu. With the old menu I can load my MI3 savestates.
I dunno why I cannot open savestates with the new menu.
I believe it's concerning CD based games.
Also Simon the Sorcerer cannot be saved/load in the new menu.

@MI3
Same issue. :)
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

Are they disabled during the intro movie?
I remember something about the save/load being disabled during movies, but am not 100% sure.
Paperman

Post by Paperman »

They are always disabled.
I thought the same, so I skipped the Intro movie and tested already "ingame" the save function.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

You're right. This is a bug, a result from the GMM being changed from F5 to CTRL-F5.
Resulting in effect that the save/load script is disabled from the GMM. I'm gonna file a bugreport (#2612313) and will upload a fixed version soon.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r38477.7z
- Enabled saving/loading in GMM for COMI. Are there more Scumm games who need this?

For Simon, use the postcard for saving + loading.
Paperman

Post by Paperman »

I know that I can use the postcard. :)
That's the reason why I thought CD based Games are the reason for this bug (alternate menu for saving).

I will test all my Scumm games with the newest build and post the results. ;)
Paperman

Post by Paperman »

Okay. Everything works fine.

Perfect Job @Bossk
Big Thank you.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

If you want I can bind the F5 key to the Wii '1' key, but with the virtual keyboard you can also easily reach any key you need.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r38811.7z
- Remapped keys: Home=F5, Up=GMM.
- Predictive input enabled (hold right) for AGI.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

As always thanks for the build.

Bossk I noticed you'd completed I Have No Mouth recently.
I've just started it and I'm a little confused.
I'd actually started this game last year. By accident I deleted my save so I had to start from the beginning again.
As much as I try to get through adventures without a walkthrough I usually become stuck so I have 2 different walkthroughs (WTs) for the game.
I started playing and remembered that both WTs I have start the game with Gorrister. I'd started with him last year and thought I'd start with him again.

Now you reach a room not far in with a gun under a pillow. The WTs say pick it up. Next to the room is the room with the kitchen.
That's the way I'd played the game last year. I had the gun and moved on to the kitchen.
When I started it at the weekend I'd walk into the room with the gun and Gorrister would go straight to the window. He looks outside and sees an airship.
I then get transported back with the other 4 characters in front of AM and I'm asked to make a selection again. However the words that AM uses are different to the words used when I selected the first time. It doesn't appear to be a bug. But I can't understand why I get this now and I didn't the first time I started the game. The WTs say I should go in and pick up the gun.

I'm getting this with your last build as well as Briijohns and Dhewgs. So I've just dug out my old standard 2gb SD card and copied the last stable build (0.12) and the game files to it. I'm playing the game exactly the same way and I've just gone into the 'gun room' and picked it up with no problems. :?

What build did you use to play it with?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Red_Breast wrote:As always thanks for the build.

Bossk I noticed you'd completed I Have No Mouth recently.
I've just started it and I'm a little confused.
I'd actually started this game last year. By accident I deleted my save so I had to start from the beginning again.
As much as I try to get through adventures without a walkthrough I usually become stuck so I have 2 different walkthroughs (WTs) for the game.
I started playing and remembered that both WTs I have start the game with Gorrister. I'd started with him last year and thought I'd start with him again.

Now you reach a room not far in with a gun under a pillow. The WTs say pick it up. Next to the room is the room with the kitchen.
That's the way I'd played the game last year. I had the gun and moved on to the kitchen.
When I started it at the weekend I'd walk into the room with the gun and Gorrister would go straight to the window. He looks outside and sees an airship.
I then get transported back with the other 4 characters in front of AM and I'm asked to make a selection again. However the words that AM uses are different to the words used when I selected the first time. It doesn't appear to be a bug. But I can't understand why I get this now and I didn't the first time I started the game. The WTs say I should go in and pick up the gun.

I'm getting this with your last build as well as Briijohns and Dhewgs. So I've just dug out my old standard 2gb SD card and copied the last stable build (0.12) and the game files to it. I'm playing the game exactly the same way and I've just gone into the 'gun room' and picked it up with no problems. :?

What build did you use to play it with?
That's very strange, it works normally with the current build (just tried it). Are you sure you got the latest version?