Scummvm 0.13 coming to psp?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tithe AD

Scummvm 0.13 coming to psp?

Post by Tithe AD »

Will a working scummvm 0.13 be available anytime soon as i am eager to play discworld on my psp.thx.
Jinx1337

Re: Scummvm 0.13 coming to psp?

Post by Jinx1337 »

Tithe AD wrote:Will a working scummvm 0.13 be available anytime soon as i am eager to play discworld on my psp.thx.
We all are.

SCUMMVM 0.13 isn't released as of yet, only an SVN build.

Our best bet would be to compile a working PSP version using the source. That's if someone's up to the task and knowledge required.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

I've put up a build on http://pix.www.idnet.com based on the latest code with some of my hacks in there. It should get you playing Discworld. I've uncommented out the code that adds support for the ScummVM Music Enhancement project in the game while I was at it - this all works ok but not many of the tracks have been mapped in yet.

The graphical interface has changed with this latest version and I haven't attempted to get this working so you are probably stuck with the basic one.

I've also added in digital audio support for the 7th guest which is why I had the build to upload in the first place. This is practically done and just needs a few tweaks. The game isn't really playable on PSP yet though as the cursor only moves at about 1 FPS.
Tithe AD

Post by Tithe AD »

Unfortunately i am unable to start this version,psp just crashes.Installed to the GAME150 directory.(corrupt icon is displayed along side scumm icon)Im sure i have installed everything correctly.Or is it because it is open source and i have messed up somewhere.thx
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

You also need to delete the old scummvm ini from your root directory before it will work. If that doesn't fix it let me know.
Tithe AD

Post by Tithe AD »

Thankyou,ive now got discworld to run,but unfortunately have had some crashes,either right at the start after rincewind wakes and scratches his nuts or if i skip that bit it then crashes when i talk to the old wizard.Still im sure in time a more stable release will be available.Great work tho.
Keep it up:P
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Pix, you are my new hero.

Thank you so much, I am going to test it out when I get back home.

Did you compile it using the latest version? The one which lets you play DW2 as well?

Best and utmost regards.
Tithe AD

Post by Tithe AD »

Jinx let me no how many crashes you experience and if you have found a way to avoid them .thx.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Tithe AD - I'm not getting any of these crashes.

Weird. You sure you're not missing any gamefiles?

Make sure you run it using the 1.5 Kernel (GAME150 on fat PSP (1.5 subset has to be installed) / TimeMachine with 1.5 on slim).

Pix, thank you once more!

By the way, what do you mean exactly when you say not all the enhanced tracks from James Woodcock (http://www.jameswoodcock.co.uk/?page_id=54 for those who are oblivious :3) are mapped?

You mean that half of these oggs won't work, because they have to be manually implemented in the source (vide your own LoK1+2 enhancements)?

edit1:

Just checked, yeah - most of them don't work as of yet.

Cheers!

edit:

Found two bugs. One minor, second major.

1) You can't change some of the global/individual game options, because of the bugged GUI (like SPEECH + TEXT). I guess you could edit ScummVM.ini for that.

2) Saving the game definately crashes Discworld 1 :(

3) Can't access the LOAD GAME screen. Pressing start brings you to the SAVE GAME screen. Pix, could you please implement the F* keys in the 0.13 build, just like you did for Bargon and Drascula in the previous one?

Thanks and all the best.
Tithe AD

Post by Tithe AD »

Installed to game150 and all settings are correct,the game just seems to randomly crash and like you say it always crashes when trying to save.Tis a shame but im sure it wont belong before its playable.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

I've added in the keyboard changes from before (it was just a case of copying the file over), updated to the newest version and uploaded again. I've also got rid of the corrupted icon by fixing the folder names.

Having just tried it, Discworld 1 crashes for me every time right at the start where Rincewind is snoring and the sound effect is about to play so I can't get anywhere in it myself. However, the saving problem could just be that you haven't set a savegame directory - you need to do this from the main scummvm options menu. If you don't, every game will crash when you attempt to save.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Weird, it certainly doesn't crash for me. Tried 3 times in a row - no crash.

I can hear the snoring fine, Rincewind hears a voice, scratches his balls, stands up, mouse cursor appears and all is well.

I've talked to a couple characters in the game - everything seems to be in order. Weird?

I've only copied the files listed in gamedata files wiki btw.

I'm off to try the newer version you compiled.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Ok, I tried the newer version.

No crashing during the 'wake up' scene, no crashing when I talk to other characters.

However - the enhanced music OGGs from James Woodcock don't work (but that was to be expected) AND the saving crash is still there. Once again, I deleted the .ini and set the savegame path up through the GUI. Doesn't help. Crashes as soon as I accept the save's name.

Quite... peculiar?

Around 200 megs free on my MS, so that's not an issue.

I have yet to check DW2.

edit:

Oh yeah, NOW it has randomly crashed on me while talking to the three wizards. Still looking for that long forgotten Discworld 2 disc in the attic, hah. It should be somewhere on the bottom. I'll report as soon as I find it.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Found my copy of DW2, only to find out it doesn't work at all :(

Crashes as soon as it loads.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Hey Pix... could you kindly compile the newest daily build if you have free time?

We could at least have some Budd Tucker or 7th Guest.

I found my original, Polish version of Double Trouble CD along with DW2. I just hope it reads fine, as it is scratched beyond recognition, heh.

My childhood, sniff.

I'd really appreciate it.