PocketPC/WinCE port status?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Anotherguest wrote:And now it can be downloaded at:
http://www.embeddev.se/ScummVM_ARM_STAT ... _02_23.ZIP

have fun!
Jolly nice! :D I have downloaded the zip and will install as soon as I get home from work.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Anotherguest wrote:And now it can be downloaded at:
http://www.embeddev.se/ScummVM_ARM_STAT ... _02_23.ZIP
THX for the download server :)

@pncFreak:
Would you please edit your earlier post and remove the old link from the quote?
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Lostech wrote: @pncFreak:
Would you please edit your earlier post and remove the old link from the quote?
Done
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

THX
Jouke74

Post by Jouke74 »

Hi, I'm willing to test as well. I downloaded the zip and will try Monkey Island 2. The nasty bug with the slot machine at the end of the game will be my first check.

Subsequently I'll test Monkey Island 1 and Day of the Tentacle.

Best wishes, Jouke.

Edit first points (HTC Touch Pro, ScummVM1.exe):
- Menu options are too big and under-lap the scumm taskbar.

- Ditto: The ScummVM keyboard is overlapping the menu options. However, when you use the ScummVM keyboard with stylus, actually the below menu option is pressed. E.g. when you try to save the game and try also to type "m" on the keyboard, you will cancel your game instead of typing "m".

This is under 2x (Sai, HQ, Normal) with rotated screen
(640 x 480).
frustin

Post by frustin »

I have a HTC Touch HD.

I have a working copy of 0.12.0 with all the games it works fine.

I removed all the files from my touch hd and copied and pasted the windowsCE version of SCUMMVM into the same place as the old.

First run it works fine, i get the SCUMMVM options screen. The setting that causes the crash is the Aspect Ratio correction. i started a game (after scanning).

Game started fine and was able to load a previous game.

i finished the game and tried to restart but scummvm wouldnt start.

the stderr log shows this:

SDL: Version $Rev: 41 $ bootstrapping GAPI device
SDL: Device is portrait, OS version 5.2 build 21017
SDL: orientation 0
SDL: GAPI_RealizePalette NOT IMPLEMENTED
SDL: Starting video access detection --->
SDL: System 480x800
SDL: Checking for GAPI
SDL: GAPI OK, 240x320, H=2 V=480, 16bpp, landscape false
SDL: Trying Ozone
SDL: Running on Ozone
SDL: Ozone 480x800
SDL: <----- Detection finished. Running on Ozone driver at 480x800 (real 480, 800), using ARM accelerated blitter
pncFreak

Re: 0.13.0

Post by pncFreak »

frustin wrote: The setting that causes the crash is the Aspect Ratio correction.
I reported a bug some weeks ago. I posted the status of it here.

As is evident from the links above, the aspect scaler had problems with Discworld. Kostas has now fixed this.

After this Lostech reported that the WinCE compilation was broken, but I assume a WinCE build could be compiled when the compilation error is fixed.

So we will have to wait for Lostech or some other kind and helpful scummVM enthusiast to compile a new version when compilation once again is possible.
frustin

Post by frustin »

pncFreak wrote:
frustin wrote: The setting that causes the crash is the Aspect Ratio correction.
So we will have to wait for Lostech or some other kind and helpful scummVM enthusiast to compile a new version when compilation once again is possible.
Sure this is the same bug? The one I am talking about is the setting of Aspect ration causes scummvm to not load up at all. nothing to do with the games themselves.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

pncFreak wrote:So we will have to wait for Lostech or some other kind and helpful scummVM enthusiast to compile a new version when compilation once again is possible.
Compilation problems have been fixed from Knakos but I don´t think a new build will be different in this behaviour than the above mentioned build which is available from Anotherguest´s server since the SVN changes are mostly game engine related and not WinCE related.
On the other hand I don´t know what this aspect ratio correction could do with the abnormal 800x480 screen resolution which means an aspect ratio from 5:3 which is nor the standard 4:3 or 16:9 AR.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Oh, my fault. If I had been more thorough in my reading of the initial post I would have understood the actual problem.

I have no idea how Kostas's corrections in the aspect scaler will affect a 800x480 screen.