PocketPC/WinCE port status?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lostech

Post by Lostech »

It´s zipped still around 6MB. That´s too big for mailing. Also other users perhaps wants to have it too and I can´t mail it to everyone. So here´s a RS download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/175234877/S ... 8.ZIP.html
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Lostech wrote:It´s zipped still around 6MB. That´s too big for mailing. Also other users perhaps wants to have it too and I can´t mail it to everyone. So here´s a RS download link:
Capital! Splendid! I'll try this version inbetween various family xma -feasts.

I'm grateful for the effort. Due to roaming (.NO service and expensive abroad: .SE), I will test it as tomorrow.
T
Last edited by pncFreak on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petr

Post by petr »

Lostech wrote:It´s zipped still around 6MB. That´s too big for mailing. Also other users perhaps wants to have it too and I can´t mail it to everyone. So here´s a RS download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/175234877/S ... 8.ZIP.html
Could you please upload it to different host? Because you can download the file only 10 times. And the limit is reached.
Many thanks,
Petr
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Must be new that Rapidshare has such a limit. :( Due to not having own Webspace I´ve uploaded the archive to another Free Hoster. So here is the new link:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-133 ... 8.ZIP.html
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Any chance of a later version?
Last edited by pncFreak on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

I will see if I get the time to compile a new SVN build this week.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Lostech wrote:I will see if I get the time to compile a new SVN build this week.
That would be very nice!

I had some problems with the GUI in the launcher in the last compilation, it was all black.

Dragging the stylus over the screen made the different elements visible though, enabling the launch of Discworld 1 :D

However, the skip key in the toolbar did not work and it is a quite lengthy intro, so it became somewhat tedious to start the DW1 game.

Having said that, it would be nice if you enabled the Tinsel engine in your next compilation as well.

Well, have to go, got to pack for a Rome-trip in the morrow.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

pncFreak wrote:
Lostech wrote: However, the skip key in the toolbar did not work and it is a quite lengthy intro, so it became somewhat tedious to start the DW1 game.
If you're talking about the two credit screens, then that's normal (you couldn't skip them in the original game either). We had a workaround for that, but it caused problems in some versions of the game, so it has been disabled for now.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

pncFreak wrote:I had some problems with the GUI in the launcher in the last compilation, it was all black.

Dragging the stylus over the screen made the different elements visible though, enabling the launch of Discworld 1 :D
That was exactly the problem I mentioned before uploading the old SVN build. This had been fixed meanwhile.
But so far I could test the recent SVN version there is a new launcher problem (crash). So until this is not fixed I won´t upload a new build.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

md5 wrote:If you're talking about the two credit screens, then that's normal (you couldn't skip them in the original game either). We had a workaround for that, but it caused problems in some versions of the game, so it has been disabled for now.
Well, I know that the original game had an 'unskippable' intro, I was just hoping the eminent scummVM team could bypass this obstacle, and I'm not completely wrong anticipating a workaround for the freeware release? Keep up the good work you are all doing.

Kind regards,
Thomas Risan
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

OK, here is a new SVN build from today:
[edit]
New download URL:
http://www.embeddev.se/ScummVM_ARM_STAT ... _02_23.ZIP
[/edit]

Please remind this isn´t an official build! It is also not fully tested but Knakos has fixed all launcher issues so I think it can be used for testing.

With this build there will be 2 different ScummVM main programs:
-ScummVM1.exe
-ScummVM2.exe

The difference is that all available engines are split in those different EXE´s to keep them smaller for devices with low free memory.
So depending on the game engine you want to use you have to start either ScummVM1.exe or ScummVM2.exe.
Which engines are available in an EXE can be viewed in the "About" dialogue.

Here is also a small list which version does support which engines.

ScummVM1.exe:
SCUMM
SCUMM_7_8
HE
SKY
QUEEN
LURE
AGI
AGOS
SWORD1
SWORD2
TOUCHE

ScummVM2.exe:
GOB
CINE
SAGA
IHNM
SAGA2
KYRA
PARALLACTION
DRASCULA
GROOVIE
TUCKER
IGOR
M4
MADE
TINSEL

The CRUISE and SCI engines are not available and have been disabled since they can not be compiled for WinCE at the moment.

More infos regarding the WinCE port can be found in "README-WinCE.txt".
Last edited by Lostech on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Lostech wrote:OK, here is a new SVN build from today:

Please remind this isn´t an official build! It is also not fully tested but Knakos has fixed all launcher issues so I think it can be used for testing.
Splendid Lostech!
I will definitively test all my games with this build.
Only one minor glitch.
The file available at file-upload.net is 0 bytes large.
In other words: I can't get at your latest compilation.

Could you sort out this?
I want to test this build :-)
Last edited by pncFreak on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Yeah, same problem for me. :(
Does anyboody know another good free host site where I could upload this archive?
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Lostech wrote:Yeah, same problem for me. :(
Does anyboody know another good free host site where I could upload this archive?
Sorry, never used one, so I wouldn't know.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And now it can be downloaded at:
http://www.embeddev.se/ScummVM_ARM_STAT ... _02_23.ZIP

have fun!