PocketPC/WinCE port status?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pncFreak

PocketPC/WinCE port status?

Post by pncFreak »

Is it possible to compile an unofficial (unsupported) version of the CE ARM build supporting the Tinsel engine?
I would have loved to play Discworld during the Christmas holidays, and since I'm going abroad to my parents-in-law I can't use other builds than the PocketPC/WinCE port.
If not, the official 0.12 port wil have to make do, but it would be interesting to know what the status of the upcoming 0.13 version is.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Some days ago I tried to compile a WinCE version but the port is broken at the moment.

Perhaps you could try an one of two older builds from me I mentioned in the Discworld topic:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=255

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=240

These builds have been made with almost all engines including Tinsel and perhaps these builds were already stable enough to play Discworld 1 (Discworld 2 wasn´t supported at that time)
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

I just tried again a build but it´s definitively broken. So no new SVN 0.13.0 builds available at this moment. :-(
I´ve made a bug tracker entry.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Lostech wrote:I just tried again a build but it´s definitively broken. So no new SVN 0.13.0 builds available at this moment. :-(
I´ve made a bug tracker entry.
Ah! Thank you for a clarifying response :)
I hope your bugtracker entry will be mitigated swiftly.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

There are signs of life from Knakos. :D
So I hope the compiling problems and a bug concerning the ScummVM.ini which makes ScummVM unusable will be fixed in the near future.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Lostech wrote:There are signs of life from Knakos. :D
So I hope the compiling problems and a bug concerning the ScummVM.ini which makes ScummVM unusable will be fixed in the near future.
It seems like your bug tracker entry is still open.
Does that mean that the ARM CE version is still broken?
If you have succeeded in compiling Lostech, I would be very glad if you could send me a 0.13 version.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Yes, it can be compiled again, but now the launcher is faulty and the .ini overwriting bug still exists making the SVN trunk version in this state unusuable.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I am most curious about that .ini overwriting bug. It just makes no sense to me :/. Any help tracking that one down would be highly appreciated (ideally on the bug tracker item itself). It's difficult to do this when you have no affected device to try it out.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

You don´t need a device to see this bug. There is a Windows Mobile device emulator with different images available from M$ at no cost. This emulator does show up the same problems. Pretty helpful if someone doesn´t want to transfer a program to his device just for having a quick test :)
But I just read the bug tracker entry and Knakos answered to solve this issue as next.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Lostech wrote:But I just read the bug tracker entry and Knakos answered to solve this issue as next.
That's good news :)
I eagerly await the opportunity to test a 0.13 version on an ARM device.
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

It has been fixed :)
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

But there are still problems with the launcher. If someone is interested in a new build although there might be several issues which might not be fixed I could upload it on Rapidshare.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Lostech wrote:But there are still problems with the launcher. If someone is interested in a new build although there might be several issues which might not be fixed I could upload it on Rapidshare.
Can you be a little more specific? What problems?
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

On the first sight in the WM5 emulator the launcher is not completely visible at start time and parts will only be (re)painted if a button is pressed. On the other hand it hang up when exiting a game. I didn´t make bug tracker entries because I wanted to check this more in detail on my Loox. I hope I will get it done in the next days.
But the compiling problems and also the annoying *.ini overwriting bug have been fixed by Knakos. :)
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Lostech wrote:On the first sight in the WM5 emulator the launcher is not completely visible at start time and parts will only be (re)painted if a button is pressed. On the other hand it hang up when exiting a game. I didn´t make bug tracker entries because I wanted to check this more in detail on my Loox. I hope I will get it done in the next days.
But the compiling problems and also the annoying *.ini overwriting bug have been fixed by Knakos. :)
Could you send a version to my e-mail? I'll be on a train between Oslo and Ôstersund tomorrow and this might keep me occupied at the rain tomorrow?

Kind regards,
Thomas