Solved: No sound over speaker, only over headphones

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kosem

Solved: No sound over speaker, only over headphones

Post by Kosem »

Edit: ARGH. /facepalm, etc. I had the 'vibrate' button switched on. Since music plays fine, I haven't noticed until someone called me.

Hi,

From searching this forum, as far as I understand, sound should work both over speaker and over the headphones. Is that correct?

I only get sound when hooking up my headphones - nothing over the speaker. The device volume is fine, tested by playing some music over the speaker before starting ScummVM.

Running firmware 2.2 and ScummVM 0.12.0.
Tried several different games, same deal.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Last edited by Kosem on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Hello

Could your problem be the same as this one?
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5267
Kosem

Post by Kosem »

Found that thread earlier while searching, but unfortunately the problem described there is different. My headphones work fine, even if connected after the game starts.

Also tried the suggestion in the last post on that thread - no joy.
shaunster

Post by shaunster »

I'm having the exact same problem with audio. At first I thought I should use a specific audio driver until I plugged in my ear phones and I heard sound when using the default ones.

Any reason why there's no music through the Iphone speaker? Ringer/Music volume is at Max. I'm stumped.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

shaunster wrote:I'm having the exact same problem with audio. At first I thought I should use a specific audio driver until I plugged in my ear phones and I heard sound when using the default ones.

Any reason why there's no music through the Iphone speaker? Ringer/Music volume is at Max. I'm stumped.
Perhaps you got vibration on, like the original poster did?