SCUMMVM 10

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

sev wrote:And of course, it should be able to drive a car automatically, so all Putt-Putt adventures could be watched in a big, real scaled role-playing game.
That feature could happen before ScummVM 10. :wink:
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

ROTFL

Damn it folks, you are talking away all my April Fool's punch lines alread in January! 8)
dark_inchworm

Post by dark_inchworm »

With ScummVM 10, can I play Quake IV on my Commodore 64?
plop

Post by plop »

I wish for all SCUMM game versions to be fully playable, I think too much time is being spent on non-SCUMM games. Afterall, its ScummVM, not AdventureVM.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

I wish for all SCUMM game versions to be fully playable, I think too much time is being spent on non-SCUMM games. Afterall, its ScummVM, not AdventureVM.
Since there are developers who develop non-SCUMM games, why stop them and force them to work with something else? :? Or is this a joke I failed to laugh with?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

plop wrote:I wish for all SCUMM game versions to be fully playable, I think too much time is being spent on non-SCUMM games. Afterall, its ScummVM, not AdventureVM.
Hm... my real name is "Max". Does that mean I only may work on "Sam 'n Max" in the future, after all, my name isn't "Scumm" ?
clem

Post by clem »

if so, who's implementing the "Sam" potions of the game?

clem
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clem wrote:if so, who's implementing the "Sam" potions of the game?
Oh, just "sam" guy, I suppose...
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

md5 wrote:
Since there are developers who develop non-SCUMM games, why stop them and force them to work with something else? :? Or is this a joke I failed to laugh with?
But he has a point.

Although I find the new supported games great, some bugfixing at least of the very first games is greatly anticipated.

After all, this was the initial hope of us, that the ScummGames work perfectly....
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
clem wrote:if so, who's implementing the "Sam" potions of the game?
Oh, just "sam" guy, I suppose...
Boys, boys. Where is the most important 'n or &?

@plop:
There is quite a lot of work with SCUMM engine anyway. Just be more attentive. Recently we:
  • * Added MM NES
    * Added C64 Zak (that was easy, but still lacks sound, no knowledge, need help)
    * Added C64 MM. Still plenty to work with, again, it's difficult to find C64 hackers
    * Improved a lot zillions of Humongous Entertainment games
    * Implemented CGA/Hercules rendering
    * Unified game targets
    * Fixed tons of bugs, right before 0.8.0
And as it was pointed before, why stop other devs from doing their work? Big part of our developers khow nothing about SCUMM engine. Also it was raised several times that ScummVM is not just SCUMM for almost 4 years
ScummVM NEWS file wrote: 0.2.0 (2002-04-14)
- support for first non-SCUMM games (Simon the Sorcerer)
But it will be too much hassle to rename the project because ScummVM is a widely accepted brand. Hey, everybody knows that we run Gobliiins. :P

Eugene
plop

Post by plop »

md5 wrote:Since there are developers who develop non-SCUMM games, why stop them and force them to work with something else? :? Or is this a joke I failed to laugh with?
fingolfin wrote:Hm... my real name is "Max". Does that mean I only may work on "Sam 'n Max" in the future, after all, my name isn't "Scumm" ?
Support for more engines is great, nobody said anything about stopping that. This is a thread about ScummVM 10 wishlist, and my wish is that all SCUMM games work 100%, forgive me if this is not realistic.

The world is full of hate, please try spreading some love, you'll be glad you did.
clem

Post by clem »

Hm... my real name is "Max". Does that mean I only may work on "Sam 'n Max" in the future, after all, my name isn't "Scumm" ?
that's easy - just change your name to SCUMM then! (will also give the project publicity, hehe)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

plop wrote:my wish is that all SCUMM games work 100%, forgive me if this is not realistic.
Then help us with something, like donating games, money, your time for writing dicumentation if not programming.

Eugene