Jornada 720 - 640x240 Full-Screen

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

theelf

Jornada 720 - 640x240 Full-Screen

Post by theelf »

Hi! first, sorry my english, i install scummvm, and i love (thanxs!) but play a game in a tiny square in the middle of the screen.... is not very funny.....

my question, is posible to add a full screen to this resolution? (640x240),

i think is like a 1.5x :D you need add a 2x only in vertical lines, leaving 1x in horizontal...

I download the source, but is to difficult to me :) sorry, really, i try before post... but i dont have any idea of programming :)

I think is not very difficult, because is not a arbitrary resolution, is only a 2x in vertical, and leave the horizontal....
maybe only minor touches in the 2x source code?? :wink:

i hope someone can make this trick!! is a dream for me to play in full screen!! jeje Thanxs!
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

That won´t work proper because this isn´t a scaler. To be more precise this would be instead of a fullscreen zoom a stretch function which would extremely deform the grafics.
theelf

Post by theelf »

Thanxs for your response, i made a image in photoshop

http://www.subirimagenes.com/imagen-mon ... 86276.html

Thats my idea, i think is great for a 640x240 screen and slow jornada 720, because you only apply the scale in vertical, maybe not to CPU intensive like a full 2x.., and you can use all the screen!! :)

Cristian
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Thats exactly what I meant with stretching. As you can see on your picture you´ve got a very fat Guybrush... :D
I don´t believe someone will implement such a stretch scaler because most people would prefer to have the correct aspect ratio on the graphics. I personally would also say that this would make the game unplayable. But try making a feature request on SourceForge. Perhaps you will find someone who makes such a stretch scaler patch. Technically it would be nothing more then to double every pixel in a row.
theelf

Post by theelf »

Hi! i really dont care about the stretch, i like more to have a full screen, to play in a tiny square!

I remember when i have a 4/3 TV, and when i watch 16/9 movies, my wife say "for you all the movies are the coneheads" jejeje,

and yes, i make the request in sourceforge yesterday, because maybe i found someone that can make this mode! cross fingers!!