FEEBLE FILES XP

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

carlyhutchings

FEEBLE FILES XP

Post by carlyhutchings »

HEY PEEPS IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH FEEBLE FILES I MANAGED TO INSTALL IT ON MY COMPUTER AND I ALSO DOWNLOADED THE CUTSCENCES FROM THIS WEBSITE. I PLAYED THE GAME AND IT SEEMED TO BE WORKING BUT WHEN I GOT TO THE PRISON AFTER THE CUTSCENCE FINISHES AND YOUR IN THE ENTERTINMENT ROOM AN ERROR REPORT COMES UP AND I HAVE TO SHUT DOWN THE GAME ANY IDEAS ??? THIS IS MY FAV GAME AND I REALLY WONNA PLAY IT
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: FEEBLE FILES XP

Post by eriktorbjorn »

carlyhutchings wrote:AN ERROR REPORT COMES UP
What does it say?

Oh, and your Caps Lock key appears to be broken.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Please read this text first. Kthx.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

I've had this same problem with the 2 CD windows version - it was to do with the files that store the movies that show on the tv in that room not being on my version of the CD's. Assuming its the same thing you just need to download the missing movies for mac/amiga from the scummvm downloads page.
clem

Post by clem »

I'm not an expert on the Feeble Files, but I think the downloads are just additional files. If you want to run the windows version of Feeble Files under ScummVM you will have to compress the video files yourself, for legal reasons they are not available for download.

<Antioch> CAPS LOCK IS LIKE CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

You do have to recompress all the movies but the movies that show on the tv here were not on my CD's in the first place which is where the problem was.

I didn't use the videos available for download here myself but would have if I'd known they were there at the time - I just renamed some other movie files to fill in the gaps and get me past this spot in the game.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

A translation:
Hello everyone. The "Feeble Files" won't seem to work on my PC. I installed it, downloaded the cutscenes from the ScummVM website. I tried to play the game, it seemed to be working until I got to the prison, after the cutscene finishes and you're in the Entertainment Room, I get an error report forcing me to shut down the game. Does anyone have a solution? I really like this game, and I really want to play it again.