ULaunchELF 4.31 and ScummVM 0.12.0 incompatabilities

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Killseeker

ULaunchELF 4.31 and ScummVM 0.12.0 incompatabilities

Post by Killseeker »

Hi all,

I run a fat PS2 using MCBoot 1.7 and ULaunchELF 4.31 with a 250 GB Maxtor drive.
Previous versions of ScummVM ran games from the HD without any problems, but the latest version (0.12.0) won't allow me to add games from the HD. The option to browse to the HD is unavilable even with IOP turned on or off.
All I can assume is that this is a compatability issue with either MCBoot or ULaunchELF 4.31. However, I am still able to browse to, and run games from a USB stick.

In order to get around this I have reinstalled an earlier version of ScummVM (version 0.9) which allows me to browse to the HD. I have added the games I need and have then copied over the ScummVM files with the latest version, 0.12.0. Not the most eloquent way to do it but it seems to work..

If anyone else is experiencing a similar problem please let me know as I am keen to see if there is a better solution.

NB: My HD has a +ScummVM folder configured through the HD Manager built in to ULaunchELF. This was done when I originally installed ScummVM 0.9 last year. The games reside in their own folders within the +ScummVM folder itself.
Under the new version do they perhaps need to be moved to the "Games" folder where the .dat files reside?

Any assistance appreciated, cheers.
Killseeker

Post by Killseeker »

Oops...make that ULaunchELF 4.30.