"5 dock" application compatibility

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Garden Dwarf

"5 dock" application compatibility

Post by Garden Dwarf »

Hello,

I installed the "5 dock icons" application on my iPhone and moved the ScummVM icon into it (it's the place for favorite apps !).

I can now run ScummVM from the dock, but when I quit ScummVM (via the "quit" button), the icon still indicate "ON". Even if I reset or reboot the iPhone. The only way is to move again the ScummVM icon to the board, start the app and quit again. Then the notification disappear and I can put it again to the dock ... until next use.

Well, I know that the problem could be the "5 dock" application but other icons like emails or phone calls by example have their notification updated correctly.
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

That behaviour is normal and has nothing to do with 5-dock-app. If you press the button, it only goes into the background (one of the a advantages of jailbroken apps), if you then go back to the program, ScummVM is at the point where it stopped. If you want to fully quit ScummVM, just push the button for about 5 seconds, until you are at the springboard again.
Garden Dwarf

Post by Garden Dwarf »

chrisis wrote:That behaviour is normal and has nothing to do with 5-dock-app. If you press the button, it only goes into the background (one of the a advantages of jailbroken apps), if you then go back to the program, ScummVM is at the point where it stopped. If you want to fully quit ScummVM, just push the button for about 5 seconds, until you are at the springboard again.
Hi Chrisis, thanks for the answer but I do not agree. When the icon is on the springboard and you push on it, ScummVM is running. Then you have two choices : inside the ScummVM's interface, click on the "Quit" button ; or you can press the iPhone's Home button. The first choice get you back to the springboard and do not display the "ON" notification over ScummVM's icon. The second choice get you back also to the springboard but the notification will be displayed ("ON").

When you use "5 dock" application to put ScummVM's icon to the dock bar, the effect of the first choice is the same as the second. And you can press the button for 5 seconds, 10 or even 3 hours, as well as rebooting, reseting the phone, nothing can remove the notification until moved out of "5 dock" application.
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

Ok, sorry, I never used the 5 dock application, then maybe this really is a problem with this program...
Garden Dwarf

Post by Garden Dwarf »

I am repeating myself, but maybe the problem is linked with ScummVM as well.

Other applications on the dock (like the proprietary phone app by example) are also using notifications (following the example, the missed-phone-calls notification).
Those applications are working fine with displaying/removing notifications, but not ScummVM ... that's why I am posting here.