ScummVM/Wii compilation instructions?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nvaer

Post by Nvaer »

I replaced the boot.dol from inside the apps/scummvm directory with the one inside /new/0.13.0_Other (I don't remember the name exactly right now). 'Mouse' works, I have tested to play Lure of the temptress and it works.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Im interested to try this myself :) Will post feedback
Nvaer

Post by Nvaer »

I tried to compile it myself and I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

ld.exe: cannot find -lvorbisidec
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [scummvm-wii.elf] Error 1
Tried to search the vorbisidec library I think I need, but no luck, anyone knows how to fix this?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Nvaer wrote:I tried to compile it myself and I'm getting this error:

ld.exe: cannot find -lvorbisidec
Tried to search the vorbisidec library I think I need, but no luck, anyone knows how to fix this?
You need the OGG Vorbis library, which you can get from http://www.vorbis.com/
Nvaer

Post by Nvaer »

Final steps, when creating the scummvm-wii.elf, I'm getting many errors.
Although I have set not to use tremor, flac, mpeg2. I'm getting:

graphics/libgraphics.a(mpeg_player.o): In function 'Graphics::BaseAnimationState::init(char const*)':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../graphics/mpeg_player.cpp:138: undefined reference to 'mpeg2_init'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../graphics/mpeg_player.cpp:144: undefined reference to 'mpeg2_info'
graphics/libgraphics.a(mpeg_player.o): In function '~BaseAnimationState':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../graphics/mpeg_player.cpp:55: undefined reference to 'mpeg2_close'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../graphics/mpeg_player.cpp:55: undefined reference to 'mpeg2_close'
graphics/libgraphics.a(mpeg_player.o): In function 'Graphics::BaseAnimationState::decodeFrame()':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../graphics/mpeg_player.cpp:161: undefined reference to 'mpeg2_parse'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../graphics/mpeg_player.cpp:167: undefined reference to 'mpeg2_buffer'
sound/libsound.a(flac.o): In function 'Audio::FlacInputStream::getStreamDecoderState() const':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:290: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_get_stream_decoder_state'
sound/libsound.a(flac.o): In function 'Audio::FlacInputStream::callbackError(FLAC__StreamDecoderErrorStatus)':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:704: undefined reference to 'FLAC__StreamDecoderErrorStatusString'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:704: undefined reference to 'FLAC__StreamDecoderErrorStatusString'
sound/libsound.a(flac.o): In function 'Audio::FlacInputStream::processSingleBlock()':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:299: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_process_single'
sound/libsound.a(flac.o): In function 'Audio::FlacInputStream::seekAbsolute(unsigned long long)':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:317: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_seek_absolute'
sound/libsound.a(flac.o): In function 'Audio::FlacInputStream::readBuffer(short*, int)':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:393: undefined reference to 'FLAC__StreamDecoderStateString'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:393: undefined reference to 'FLAC__StreamDecoderStateString'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:276: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_finish'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:277: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_delete'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:276: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_finish'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:277: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_delete'
sound/libsound.a(flac.o): In function 'Audio::FlacInputStream::processUntilEndOfMetadata()':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:308: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_process_until_end_of_metadata'
sound/libsound.a(flac.o): In function 'FlacInputStream':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:200: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_new'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:212: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_set_read_callback'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:213: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_set_seek_callback'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:214: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_set_tell_callback'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:215: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_set_length_callback'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:216: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_set_eof_callback'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:217: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_set_write_callback'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:218: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_set_metadata_callback'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:219: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_set_error_callback'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:220: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_set_client_data'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/flac.cpp:222: undefined reference to 'FLAC__seekable_stream_decoder_init'
sound/libsound.a(vorbis.o): In function 'Audio::VorbisInputStream::refill()':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:225: undefined reference to 'ov_time_tell'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:240: undefined reference to 'ov_time_seek'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp: undefined reference to 'ov_read'
sound/libsound.a(vorbis.o): In function 'Audio::VorbisInputStream::readBuffer(short*, int)':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:205: undefined reference to 'ov_time_tell'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:210: undefined reference to 'ov_time_seek'
sound/libsound.a(vorbis.o): In function '~VorbisInputStream':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:188: undefined reference to 'ov_clear'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:188: undefined reference to 'ov_clear'
sound/libsound.a(vorbis.o): In function 'VorbisInputStream':
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:144: undefined reference to 'ov_open_callbacks'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:166: undefined reference to 'ov_time_total'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:177: undefined reference to 'ov_time_seek'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:183: undefined reference to 'ov_info'
..\backends\platform\wii/../../../sound/vorbis.cpp:184: undefined reference to 'ov_info'
raschi

Post by raschi »

Bossk: I believe your 0.12.0 SDHC build is the GameCube build. I tested it with Monkey 3. No wiimote. GameCube pad works.

By the way. Where is dhewg? Haven't seen him post here for months. Have the Nintendo ninjas taken him?
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

I spoke to dhewg yesterday. He's quite busy lately and does not have a lot of time for ScummVM. He still is the Wii port maintainer and is planning to spend more time on it.

I've made a new svn build which could use some feedback.
The same svn checkout is used, linked to libogc git (SDHC support) and libfat git (large SD performance boost).

COMI runs very smooth now, without any hickups at all.
FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis, MPEG2 is still supported.

Read the included README-SVN-BUILD for reasons why I had to split the boot.dol into two different version again.
Simply put it's the limited memory (70Mb) of the Wii which for large games (only COMI so far) just isn't enough sometimes.

Feedback please.
Which games work, does SDHC work? Does the large boot.dol work properly too?

scummvm-wii-SDHC_2008114.rar

//Bossk
raschi

Post by raschi »

I figured he was busy. I was hoping for a bugfix release before v0.13.
I will test your new builds asap.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

I will be doing some debugging / testing on COMI soon.
I really want to find out if that game really needs so much memory.
Nvaer

Post by Nvaer »

If I compile scummvm without tremor, flac and mpeg2 support it works, but when I try to compile it with any of those three I can't.
Bossk, could you write a small tut about compiling these libs to see if I'm missing something, and some download links of the libs you used (version of the libs too) if possible?
noize

Post by noize »

How about using the ScummVM plugin system. That should save on some memory issues.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

That would be great, but unfortunately the Wii homebrew does not support dynamic loading of modules (yet).
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

Nvaer wrote:If I compile scummvm without tremor, flac and mpeg2 support it works, but when I try to compile it with any of those three I can't.
Bossk, could you write a small tut about compiling these libs to see if I'm missing something, and some download links of the libs you used (version of the libs too) if possible?
You must crosscompile those libs to the Wii / gekko kit before you can use them.
These are the instructions for libTremor (for integer based vorbis decoding), the other libs are similar:

cd libtremor/
CC=$DEVKITPRO/devkitPPC/bin/powerpc-gekko-gcc ./configure --host=ppc --disable-altivec --disable-sdl --disable-accel-detect
make
(don't worry IF the linking phase fails, you're only interested in the headers + .a file)

cp .libs/libvorbisidec.a $DEVKITPRO/devkitPPC/powerpc-gekko/lib/
mkdir -p $DEVKITPRO/devkitPPC/powerpc-gekko/include/tremor
cp *.h $DEVKITPRO/devkitPPC/powerpc-gekko/include/tremor
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

i wanted to post build instructions for a long time now, sorry i haven't... until now ;)

find it here: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Compiling_ScummVM/Wii

if there is anything unclear just let me know