Freeze when loading any game in v. 0.12

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Michael_Me

Freeze when loading any game in v. 0.12

Post by Michael_Me »

The situation:

* I have installed the homebrew channel via the cdinstaller (newest version)
* Formatted a 1 gig sd card to fat32
* placed scuumvm for wii ( v 0.12) in the path /apps/scummvm on the sdcard.
* placed the downloaded game lure in the path /apps/lure
* placed the dowloaded game bass (w. speech) in the path /apps/bass

The problem:

I can run the scuumvm application fine and I can find any of the two games and get them listed in scuumvm (using default settings)

but..

when I try to start any of the games, the scuuumvm screen either A) Freezes or B) Changes to black. Ofthen hereafter the homebrew loader restarts scanning the sdcard and reloads the menu.

Have tried to search this forum fore any infomation regarding loadproblems (tried changing gamepath because of this, but nothing helped).

What really puzzles me is that running various other things from the homebrew channel seems to work flawless ( mplayer, and some hello world + joystick test i have created)

Somehow i think that this can only be a usererror (jep ME!), but i seriously can't see what I have forgotten.

Any help, or pointers would be nice.
Thanks

/Michael
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I had the same problem. I think its to do with the cutscenes myself.. (I compressed my stuff)
GUYBRUSH666

Post by GUYBRUSH666 »

I agree. Broken Sword 2 worked for me but without the custenes working. When I did as suggested and moved them from the folder they were in and dropped them into the main folder I just get a black screen then back to the HBC. :cry:
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Can't think what the problem could be but I have all the game files in one folder (for each game). In each folder I make one folder for saves.
Then before playing anything I always go to options. Set the path of the save folder. Then set the other two paths as the main folder.
I don't know if that's why I never have problems but it was something I always needed to do with the Xbox version of ScummVM.
Michael_Me

Post by Michael_Me »

Well, now I found the "error" :oops: it seems that I forgot the writeprotection switch on my sdcard (my sdcard reader ignored this, but the wii didn't). This is why all my own code worked like a charm (haven't tried writing stuff yet).

How I found the solution was to add a game, exit scummvm and then reload scummvm again. Then the previously added game was gone.

Sorry to have wasted peoples time :oops: .

/Michael
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Mine seemed to be with compressed video and sound. When I tried my copy without compression it worked.