scummvm12 savegame errors: cannot load any savegame

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

manias

scummvm12 savegame errors: cannot load any savegame

Post by manias »

Hi guys

I've played full throttle for about an hour, saved my game and quit. Then tried to load the savegame again. It saw the savegame but when I selected it the load button was greyed out. After that I changed the savegame folder for the game from "default" to a specific folder, and saved again, right at the start of the game.
Then it DID have the load button enabled, but when I loaded the savegame it opened the debug console with the error that "charset 0 not in room 1"

What is going on!
Also, the savegame time and date showed 1970 ! Just checked to be sure, and it is scummvm 12..

-edit- also can't properly save with indy 4 for example, save has 1/1/1970 and cannot be loaded...

As a final test I have even formatted my memorycard, redownloaded scummvm@psp, put full throttle back on the memstick, new savegame and voila 1970 and can't load it.

I've replaced v12 with v11.1, and there I can always select the file but I always get the debug console bug after loading. Is this caused by 4.01m33 perhaps?
(I'm using the single-eboot version always)
theKryz

Post by theKryz »

Same problem here with Sam&Max Hit The Road. Exactly as described above. Also using 4.01 M33-2
Any help for that?

chris
detective

Post by detective »

exactly the same problem with Monkey Island 3.
greyed out, date 1970.
Firmware: 5.00 M33

awww that's a bad think.
manias

Post by manias »

sounds like the latest build is kinda broken :P
playstencil

Post by playstencil »

Hey guys, it's funny because I came here and registered just for this reason. I played Sam and Max hit the road for like 20 minutes yesterday. Then when trying to load it up, the "Load" button was greyed out but I could still see the screencapture of the point where I saved.

So I went back into scummvm, and went to Options and re-set the save path, and went to the game options for the specific game (in this case sam and max) and re-set That save path too. I made another New save, exited, then tried to load and this time it worked.

Not sure if this'll work for anyone else but it could be worth a shot... although you'd lose your existing saves. It wasn't much of a sacrifice for me since I only played for such a short time.

BTW I'm on the newest 5.00 m33-3 cfw.
rook

Post by rook »

I'm on 4.01 m33-2 but it works fine for me, as long as you do the following:

(1) connect your PC to your PSP, and look at the root directory. Notice there is a directory called "scummvm_savegames" (or something like that -- i don't have it open now)

(2) copy all your save games to that folder (go into your individual game directories and copy all the *.s0* files)

(3) Turn on your PSP, start up ScummVM. Do NOT launch a game yet.

(4) Go to Options, and keep clicking on the "next tab" button until you see a "Paths" tab. Click on that tab.

(5) Set the save game path to the "scummvm_savegames" folder in your root directory.

Voila. All existing saves work.
theKryz

Post by theKryz »

Thanks rook! Worked :D