On axim x50v... don't see a menu option to map keys

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

badbob001

On axim x50v... don't see a menu option to map keys

Post by badbob001 »

Am I blind? Also, I guess the pocketpc version doesn't have save game thumbnails?
rebelscumm

Post by rebelscumm »

I can confirm this also.

Also sometimes the lower bar with the menu buttons and mute sound disappears, and there is no way to exit the game.
badbob001

Post by badbob001 »

If you use the .ini file from an older version of scummvm that had the keymappings, then those key mappings will carry over. But if you want to change or add key mappings, not in this version yet. And I did notice that the bottom menu bar will sometimes autohide itself.
rebelscumm

Post by rebelscumm »

is there a key or mapping to unhide the menu bar?
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

@rebelscumm; yes, if you mapped a key ... I think, double "tipping" on top of the screen will hide / unhide the menu bar (please refer to arismes Readme-WinCE included in the Package).

You can delete the key mappings with an text editor in the ini file. When you start a game the next time, which needs key mappings, the key mapping dialog will appear.

PocketScumm stores Thumbnails, but they are not shown within PocketScumm. But copy the savegeams to a PC, and you will see them, but with wrong colors.

kind regards

Frank
Arisme
ScummVM Porter

Post by Arisme »

But if you want to change or add key mappings, not in this version yet.
I had no problems to do that. What's the issue exactly ? Do you get the mapping menu at all ?
badbob001

Post by badbob001 »

Arisme wrote:
But if you want to change or add key mappings, not in this version yet.
I had no problems to do that. What's the issue exactly ? Do you get the mapping menu at all ?
The problem is that the key mapping screen will only appear when starting a newly added game that doesn't have any keymappings in the ini file.

If you want to change your mappings later, you can't since there is no key mapping button in the menu. The workaround is to manually add the mappings to the ini file (ug) or delete the mapping from the ini and have the mapping screen popup upon game start.

When I click the menu icon, I see:
[resume] [load] [save] [options] [help] [about] [quit]

If I click [optiions], I see:
[music volume] [sfx volume] [speech volume]
[ ] show subtitles [ ] enable speech

See? No key mapping button. And what happened to the main volume slider from 0.7.x?

Tried the mt32 emulation (I have the roms). It sounds differnt so I assume it's working. I'm amazed that it runs so well on my x50v... I was afraid it would slow everything down.
vejur79

Post by vejur79 »

I'm wasn't sure if I should start a new topic or just piggyback this one. Since Arisme is already responding to this, add my comment here.

I'm running v0.8.0 on an IPAQ RX3115 w/2003SE and I also don't see a menu option to map keys. When I first start PocketScummVM and see the list of playable games, I tap the "Options" button and all I get is a "Graphics" tab, an "Audio" tab, a "MIDI" tab, and a "Paths" tab. None of the tabs have anything on them that relates to remapping keys.

When I tried editing an individual game, ie. Sam and Max, all I get is a "Game" tab, a "Paths" tab, a "Gfx" tab, an "Audio" tab, a "MIDI" tab, and a "Volume" tab. Again, none of the tabs have anything on them that relates to remapping keys.

And like badbob001 stated above, when I click the menu icon after the game starts, all I get are "Resume", "Load", "Save", "Options", "Help", "About", and "Quit" buttons.

Oh, and to answer Arisme's question above, I don't get a mapping menu at all, unless, as stated above, I start the game from scratch with a clean scummvm.ini file, or edit the existing scummvm.ini file and delete existing key definitions.

Thanks for your time,
Ron.
Arisme
ScummVM Porter

Post by Arisme »

Argh, OK, I missed some changes introduced by the Symbian port :roll:

you have to recompile with the SMALL_SCREEN_DEVICE define ...
vejur79

Post by vejur79 »

I'm confused. How do I recompile the program. Do I need another program to do this?

Ron
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Yes, that program is called cross compiler, and its target audience is programmers. So unless you're one (and I assume by your questions that you're not), do not try to do it by yourself.

Eugene
adiro69

Post by adiro69 »

Hallo,

I have an Toshiba e800 and with the version 0.8.0 I dont have neither soft keyboard, neither the option to map keys. when it will be fixed.

Thank you
adi
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

@adiro69: You can map a Key for the keyboard :) . And it will apear automatically every time it is needed. The Toolbar can be hidden/unhidden by double tapping on the top of the screen.

@badbob001: Only selecting "True Roland MT-32" does NOT enable the MT-32 emulator. It just changes something for midi playback (Readme):
If --native-mt32 is specified, ScummVM will treat your device as a real
MT-32. Because the instrument mappings and system exclusive commands of
the MT-32 vary from those of General MIDI devices, you should only
enable this option if you are using an actual Roland MT-32, LAPC-I, CM-64,
CM-32L, CM-500, or GS device with an MT-32 map.
The real MT-32 emulator is activated in the "Audio" Menu by selecting "MT-32" as "Music Driver". This option is of cause not available on PocketPC.

regards

Frank
badbob001

Post by badbob001 »

I guess many settings appear in the pocketpc build but are meant to only affect the PC build. They should be 'grey' them out if they don't apply.
KevinSig

Post by KevinSig »

Apparently, either from oversite or for some other reason, the key mapper has been removed from the 0.8.0 version of ScummVM pocket. I know, because I easily found it under Options>Misc in the last version. However, you can still map keys. You just need to have ScummVM run a game that actively needs a 2nd mouse button, like Full Throttle or Monkey Island 3.

Also, I could really do wtihout the thumbnail feature, it just doesn't seem to work well with ScummVM PocketPC.

Kevin