Simon 1 & 2 speech

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Soma

Simon 1 & 2 speech

Post by Soma »

Hey,

I searched the Forum, but nothing realy helped me, so I ask it in this thread.

I just played Simon 1 & 2 about 12 years ago and want to start playing them again, but didn`t find the CDs, so I downloaded the game from a torrent. The Game is doin well, but only with subtitles and not with speech. I know that speech AND subtitles are not working, but only speech is not working too.

So, is it just the fact that I downloaded the Game and not copied the Files from the original CD (meee, want to play the german version again from the CDs... but only got the english versions) and so I have not the Soundfiles?

If anyone knows, tell me how the speech files are named. Or is there someone who can upload them ?
I realy want to play the game again with speech, cause I loved some voices. I will search the original CDs in the next few days, but in this chaos it might take a... while... .

Hope someone can help me,
Soma
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

You _downloaded it from a Torrent_.

Well you just broke Rule #0. Expect no help from us.
Soma

Post by Soma »

iPwnzorz wrote:You _downloaded it from a Torrent_.

Well you just broke Rule #0. Expect no help from us.
Ok, I expected that... sorry but... what can I do when my CDs are gone in chaos... nya, whatever I search for the originals...
clem

Post by clem »

Soma wrote:Ok, I expected that... sorry but... what can I do when my CDs are gone in chaos... nya, whatever I search for the originals...
If you expected that, why did you still post?
Maybe buying the games again is less of an effort to you than searching for the originals...
Soma

Post by Soma »

clem wrote:
Soma wrote:Ok, I expected that... sorry but... what can I do when my CDs are gone in chaos... nya, whatever I search for the originals...
If you expected that, why did you still post?
Maybe buying the games again is less of an effort to you than searching for the originals...
Just tryed...

But ok, I found Simon 2 and the speech is working :) So, I will never again download one of those oldtimers ;)

Hope to find Simon 1 somewhere... but where can you still buy those old games ? Maybe EBay... where else ?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

See here.

I'm locking the topic.