Scummvm folder

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Boaradoor

Scummvm folder

Post by Boaradoor »

I want to add Putt - Putt, Pajama Sam, Freddi Fish, and Spyfox. What is the engine required to play these games? and what is the format for folders? From my understanding it goes

PuttPutt1\
PuttPutt2\
FreddiFish\
And so on like that? :shock:
clem

Post by clem »

These games use the SCUMM engine. Not sure how the DC handles paths, but on every other port I know of you manually select the folder in which the games are (so the names don't really matter)
DCDayDreamer

Re: Scummvm folder

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Boaradoor wrote:I want to add Putt - Putt, Pajama Sam, Freddi Fish, and Spyfox. What is the engine required to play these games? and what is the format for folders? From my understanding it goes

PuttPutt1\
PuttPutt2\
FreddiFish\
And so on like that? :shock:
You can name the folders as you've posted above, when you boot up the Dreamcast, it scans the entire CDR and lists the games available. The games you've listed are by Humongous Entertainment which use the SCUMM engine.

I think it's only fair to warn you though, there are limitations with using the SCUMM engine on the Dreamcast, the main (and worst) one being the autosave function - there's no way that I know of to disable the autosave (I think you'd need to recompile the engine from the source). The autosave kicks in every five minutes, the Dreamcast VMU 'beeps' when you save, so you get a pause in gameplay and a 'beep' every time, you then need to confirm the save before continuing your game. Not only that, if you leave the game and return to it after ten minutes or more, you'll find the engine might crash (it doesn't always handle the autosave kicking in twice without confirming the first save).
Boaradoor

Post by Boaradoor »

Thanks for the quick reply! :D So I can get rid of the engine plugins? Just keep Scumm! Thanks a Bunch! Also what files do I put in the folder?
DCDayDreamer

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Boaradoor wrote:Thanks for the quick reply! :D So I can get rid of the engine plugins? Just keep Scumm! Thanks a Bunch! Also what files do I put in the folder?
I've put some information together for you, firstly, read this:

Readme text

Secondly, download this:

download files

If you need any more help, just ask. :wink: