Wii and SD cards over 2Gig

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

superfighter

Wii and SD cards over 2Gig

Post by superfighter »

i was under the impression that the wii wouldnt Read SD cards over this size however i saw some "official" Wii 4GB SD cards on the net, am i therefore wrong?
khyron

Post by khyron »

joda

Post by joda »

I think some 4GB standard SD card might work with vanilla Wii; if you're lucky. However, SDHC support, allowing for enormous cards, is possible on homebrew despite not beeing supported by the Wii System Menu at the moment.

The front SD reader supports both standards, but System Menu on the Wii does so far not have SDHC Support built in, since this is also decided by software. Homebrew compiled with the latest version of devkitPro/libogc will however be able to read and use SDHC. Se this thread for examples.

I for example have my Snes9x and FCE Ultra rom collection on a 8GB SDHC card on my Wii now using the builds in the above mentioned thread. Now I'm just waiting for either official ScummVM builds to support this, or managage to build it for myself. Keep your fingers crossed ...
Nvaer

Post by Nvaer »

what about now, apps getting support for SDHC cards, like WAD manager, even homebrew channel (version 9) itself, no possibility to include this option to the scummvm port?
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

Adding SDHC support is a matter of recompiling against the latest libraries like libogc.

I just did, but don't have an SDHC card to test it.
themautrix

still no USB?

Post by themautrix »

I wonder if the scummvm port for wii still does not work with USB pen drives...will it be implemented or is it already working?