How to get Broken sword from originall cd onto psp??

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

olliecox

How to get Broken sword from originall cd onto psp??

Post by olliecox »

How do i get Broken Sword off my original cd, or can i use one of the files on the download page?? i am running version .12 of scummvm the one thats on there for psp at the mo

Thanks
clem

Post by clem »

You need these datafiles off the original CDs and the re-encoded cutscenes from the downloads page. If the files are not on the CD, try installing it to harddisk and they should be there.

Generally, if you get the game to run on the PC using ScummVM, it's the same on the psp.
olliecox

File names etc??

Post by olliecox »

Hey, thanks alot for the fast reply, so if i take the file names u linked to off the BS cd, and the cutscene pack off here( which one sorry for .12 scummvm) do i just put them all in a folder named Broken Sword for example???

Thank you : )
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: File names etc??

Post by eriktorbjorn »

olliecox wrote:Hey, thanks alot for the fast reply, so if i take the file names u linked to off the BS cd, and the cutscene pack off here( which one sorry for .12 scummvm) do i just put them all in a folder named Broken Sword for example???
I don't know about the PSP, but on my Linux box I arranged my Broken Sword 1 files like this:

Code: Select all

sword1
|-- music
|   |-- 10m1.ogg
|   `-- spm6b.ogg
|-- video
|   |-- candle.dxa
|   `-- well.ogg
|-- compacts.clu
`-- train.clu
(I've compressed the music from the original WAV format to Ogg Vorbis.)

ScummVM looks for files primarily in the sword1 folder, since that's what I pointed it to when adding the game, but it will also look for files in sub-folders named music and video. There are other possible ways of arranging them, but I find this one pretty tidy.

As for which cutscene pack... Well, if you have the English version of Broken Sword 1, then "Broken Sword 1 Cutscene Pack (English, DXA compression)" is the main one. You can use one of the "AddOn" packages to replace the language, or to replace the FLAC-encoded audio with Ogg Vorbis. Each cutscene consists of a DXA file, which is the video part, and a FLAC or Ogg Vorbis file with the audio. (MP3 is also supported, but apparently not available for download.) Theoretically, FLAC is higher quality since it's lossless, but personally I can't tell the difference.

For Broken Sword 2, it's easier. The same cutscene pack works regardless of which language the game uses, since the speech is not part of the cutscenes.

Where it says "Requires ScummVM 0.10.0", it really means "0.10.0 or later". ScummVM used a different format for the cutscenes before that.