ScummVM 0.8.0 crash's during installation on Nokia 6600

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

yauluhim

ScummVM 0.8.0 crash's during installation on Nokia 6600

Post by yauluhim »

As mentioned in the topic, i have a nokia 6600 and when i try to install the file it shows an error message saying "your device has been disconnected, please reconnect and re-install" and on my phone's screen i see this error message- "application closed ectcpadapter_00808E5C"

Help anyone?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Have n't seen this one before. Must be something related to your device (firmware) or PC Sync software.
ensoniq2k

Post by ensoniq2k »

I think you should remove your driver for your phone from the computer and re-install it. if that doesn't work try setting the phone back to default-settings, so everythings deleted from the phone and the software is like it's fresh from the manufacturer, i think this should help. you can try to push your "red phone" button about 10 seconds and if the phone reboots while you are pushing it you will need a hard reset
yauluhim

Post by yauluhim »

I did a hard format to the phone and the MMC but nothing worked. I have a widcomm bluetooth device and driver, you know where i can get the latest drivers for it?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

What about putting the sis file on the mmc card and installing it from there. And get rid of that pc sync suite.
yauluhim

Post by yauluhim »

I cant not use the PC sync software (Its PC Suite btw), its my only way of transfering files from and to the phone. Unless you know of a better software.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Buy a cheap memory card reader for your PC. Transfer the SIS file to the mmc card. Use a file explorer such as FExplorer on the phone to launch the installation. This is much faster than using the PC Suite to install software on the phones and getting rid of problems with Bluetooth, IR and cable connections