do any of these games work?

Post by ParanoidAndroid »

i'd like to know if any of these two games work:

Gabriel Knight Sins Of the fathers
i have no mouth and i must scream

thx
clem

Post by clem »

The list of supported games can be found here.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: do any of these games work?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ParanoidAndroid wrote:i'd like to know if any of these two games work:

Gabriel Knight is a SCI game. It seems more likely that FreeSCI will eventually support it, but that's probably still far away.

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream is supported in ScummVM 0.12.0, but not yet perfectly. There are some occasional glitches (like the music stopping, or at least one unimportant object that can't be examined... things like that), but I've played through the game so there shouldn't be any show-stopping bugs.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
ParanoidAndroid wrote:i'd like to know if any of these two games work:

Gabriel Knight is a SCI game. It seems more likely that FreeSCI will eventually support it, but that's probably still far away.

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream is supported in ScummVM 0.12.0, but not yet perfectly. There are some occasional glitches (like the music stopping, or at least one unimportant object that can't be examined... things like that), but I've played through the game so there shouldn't be any show-stopping bugs.
I'm only aware of 1 object that can't be examined, the rightmost screen in Ellen's chapter - because of a bug in the pathfinding code which hasn't been found yet. Are there any other such bugs?

As for the music stopping in Ellen's chapter... it's a timing issue unfortunately, will have to check it out
ParanoidAndroid

thx

Post by ParanoidAndroid »

thx that was very helpful
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote: I'm only aware of 1 object that can't be examined, the rightmost screen in Ellen's chapter - because of a bug in the pathfinding code which hasn't been found yet. Are there any other such bugs?
That's the one I was thinking of. I didn't notice any others when I played through the game.

I wonder if it's the path finding that's wrong, or if the original simply avoided or ignored exits if they weren't the final destination. I haven't looked at how the SAGA engine does path finding.

In fact, I tend to avoid path finding altogether. It's maaagic. ;)
PlayingKarrde

Post by PlayingKarrde »

I Have No Mouth doesn't work with the iPhone port at this time (nor the Wii port btw).
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:In fact, I tend to avoid path finding altogether. It's maaagic. ;)
Indeed :P